We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager SuspendLayout

Hi Our application dynamically adds docking windows at runtime with the .DockControl() method call, and then after loading applies a layout (based on user login) with LoadDockState(AppStateSerializer, control) per control we previously loaded (at launch time, pre login).. My question - is there any way of calling some type of SuspendLayout/ResumeLayout on the DockingManager to prevent the docking windows from jumping around while loading the user based layout? I have tried the BeginInit & EndInit method calls, but these just render the docked windows non visible... remembering that i add these controls at runtime prevents me from saving the complete DockingManager layout, therefore resorting to the per control LoadDockState method.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2004 07:49 PM UTC

Hi Mark, Presently there is no equivalent to SuspendLayout/ResumeLayout in the docking windows framework. But please refer to the following KB article for information regarding runtime docking windows creation : How do I save/load docking state information of an application that has docking windows created at runtime ? available at this link below : http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10413 Let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AS Andrew Skalkin May 27, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

>Presently there is no equivalent to SuspendLayout/ResumeLayout in the docking windows framework. I''m just wondering if you are planning to introduce this feature in a future release? It really irritates our users since we typically have lots of controls on a form and control''s redrawing might take significant amount of time, depending on the size of dataset it''s attached to.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon