We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using childGrid with isFrozen=true columns on main grid

Hello, Can you confirm if frozen columns and child grid are compatible? I can get both features working alone but when I declare a childGrid prop with isFrozen=true set on two of the main table's columns the grid does not render (no data is render and a partial child grid UI is shown).

Please first confirm that the two features are compatible and I will provide more info if they are.

5 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 05:38 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

In Essential JavaScript 2 Grid, Virtual scrolling is not compatible with detail template and hierarchy features. Please refer to the below documentation for limitations of virtualization in Essential JavaScript 2 Grid component. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

JS John Smith March 4, 2019 05:47 AM UTC

Hello Pavithra

Thanks for a quick response. 

I am not using the virtual scrolling feature. I am using <ColumnDirective isFrozen={true} /> to anchor the column to the left and exclude it from scrolling. However, this does not seem to work with childGrid (both work fine alone). 

Regards J

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 06:19 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

The Frozen rows and columns feature of Essential JavaScript 2 Grid does not support the Hierarchy Grid feature. Please refer to the below documentation for more information. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

JS John Smith March 4, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

ok - thanks for confirming. 

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 09:35 AM UTC

Hi John,  

Thanks for your update. 

Please contact us if you have any other concerns.  

Regards,  
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon