We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Attempting to save changes to an existing dataset results in the changes not persisting.

Hi Team,

Problem Description:

Attempting to save changes to an existing dataset results in the changes not persisting.

Reproduction:

1)      In the syncfusion report server, select the Dataset option from the Create menu.

2)      Select some datasource and give a valid name and click Create

3)      Drag some table into the center window and click save

4)      Close this browser window

5)      Select the dataset just created and click on the Edit option

6)      In the sql code view, add a valid where clause for some column with a parameter for the expected value (ex: WHERE column1 = @column1)

7)      Click Save

8)      Close this browser window

9)      Select the dataset just edited and click on the Edit option

10)   Verify that the where clause added previously was not persisted

Looking forward to see your response.

Regards,
Amanpreet

14 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue based on your steps shared. Hence can you please share the video replication and Report Server version you use, so that we can validate further based on that and provide solution. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet February 26, 2019 08:12 PM UTC

Hi Team,

Please find below the replicating steps -

If you select any valid data set and select edit data set option.

And you click save.

Close the browser window and option the same edited dataset.

The where clause which you added in the query is not persisted.

Please replicate as per the above steps and let me know whether you are able to replicate or not.

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue in our dataset designer and we have confirmed that the issue is a defect and logged a defect report on this. You can keep track of this bug from the feedback portal below.  

The fix for this issue will be available on 06th March 2019. 

If you have any more specification/precise replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 6, 2019 05:10 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We have fixed the “Dataset Designer doesn't save query parameter used in where clause”. Please use the below attached ej.reportdesigner.min.js file from the below link to avoid the mentioned problem at your end. 

Please replace the attached “ej.reportdesigner.min” in the below report server installed location.   
$installed driver$\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\Scripts\EssentialJS    
$installed driver$\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Report Server\ReportServer.Web\Scripts\EssentialJS   

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet March 8, 2019 05:18 PM UTC

Hi team,

I tried the resolution provided. After I click edit data set, add something to existing query and click save. It opens the parameter window and I hit ok. I tried reopening the data set to check whether the changes got saved or not. The changes to the query did get saved. But I am not sure whether the parameter window should be as part of user interaction?

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We invoke those parameter window to get/decide the default value for @<parameter> used in your query. Hence we cannot avoid this part of user interaction. In your case, you have clicked ok to go with empty value  

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet March 11, 2019 06:47 PM UTC

Hi team,

Can you please explain the purpose of " default value for @<parameter>" while saving the query?

Also I wanted to know the difference between the default value of a parameter that is provided in the parameter window and the default value that is provided when we choose filter option to add parameter.

Regards,
Amanpreet

AM Amanpreet March 11, 2019 06:51 PM UTC

Hi team,

I have few other concerns related to report server loading after I have replaced the files as part of the resolutions to the reported issues. Can you please schedule a call tomm. so that I can explain better and know what is the cause ?

I am available 8.30 am CST to EOD tomm.

Regards,
Amanpreet

AM Amanpreet March 12, 2019 01:55 PM UTC

Hi team,

Has the call been scheduled? We are not able to load report designer to create the reports. Please have this call scheduled to let us know what is causing the report designer loading issue.

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 03:00 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

Please find the response for your queries. 

Query 
Response 
Can you please explain the purpose of " default value for @<parameter>" while saving the query? 

Also I wanted to know the difference between the default value of a parameter that is provided in the parameter window and the default value that is provided when we choose filter option to add parameter. 

Parameter window is invoked for code view to get the default value of a parameter since if your query has similar below statements then it will throw error while saving with null value hence we will get default value before saving the query. 

SELECT *
FROM [dbo].[L_TRANSACTIONS] WHERE (([dbo].[L_TRANSACTIONS].[TRANSDATE] >= dateadd(year, -1, concat(@YEAR, '-07-01'))) AND ([dbo].[L_TRANSACTIONS].[TRANSDATE] <= concat(@YEAR, '-06-30')))

Where as the filter option to add parameter is for design view and it is not applicable for code view. 

I have few other concerns related to report server loading after I have replaced the files as part of the resolutions to the reported issues. Can you please schedule a call tomm. so that I can explain better and know what is the cause ? 

I am available 8.30 am CST to EOD tomm. 

Sorry for late reply. 

We are unable to schedule the meeting for today immediately considering other meetings and engineer availability. We will schedule the meeting for tomorrow (March 13, 2019) at your requested time. 

Please confirm your availability so that we will create a new incident under your account related to this forum to share the meeting link. 
Has the call been scheduled? We are not able to load report designer to create the reports. Please have this call scheduled to let us know what is causing the report designer loading issue. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet March 12, 2019 03:06 PM UTC

Hi team,

I am available 8.30 am to EOD tomm.

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We have created a new incident under your account related to this forum and shared the meeting link in that incident based on your requested time. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet March 13, 2019 02:54 PM UTC

Hi team,

I really want a good reasoning on default parameter value when it is part of filter window and when it is part of parameter window on save. Please let me know why is this default parameter value required and where it goes once i provide that value as part of filter window and parameter window.

Regards,
Amanpreet

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team March 14, 2019 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

I really want a good reasoning on default parameter value when it is part of filter window and when it is part of parameter window on save. Please let me know why is this default parameter value required and where it goes once i provide that value as part of filter window and parameter window. 
We have shared the details for this query in incident #230501.  

In addition to that for filter window and parameter window values are used to preview and retrieve the data field from SQL Table for query parameters. Internally we did not hold any place this value, but it requires to pass the parameter values into SQL input parameters like as below code snippet to retrieve the table fields while save the dataset. 

String query = "select CustomerID,CompanyName,Address,City,PostalCode,Country from Customers where CustomerID=@Parameter1"; 
using(SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(connectionString)) 
using(SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(query, connection)) 
    command.Parameters.Add(“@Parameter1”, ParameterVal); 

So that, we are asking/showing input parameter dialog to get default value while processing the save action based on query parameter, if query contains any input parameter. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon