Including a parameter in a query which interrogates for equivalency (=) on a column of Data Type nvarchar(50) Allow Nulls = false is resulting in more than one result record when exactly one record should be returned.
1) In the syncfusion report server, create a new dataset from a datasource which contains a table with a nvarchar column with allow null set to false and all values in this column are unique
2) In the visual designer, drag and drop the table with the nvarchar column with allow null set to false into the center window
3) Click on the filter button
4) Click the +Add button
5) Select the nvarchar column with allow null set to false column
6) Click the checkbox for Include as Parameter
7) Click OK
8) Click the slider for the code view
9) Click the Run button
10) Enter a string which exactly equals a unique value in the column
11) Click OK
12) Verify that multiple columns are returned, one being a match for the where entered value and others which do not match
13) Replace parameter in the where clause of the sql string with a hard-coded value equal to the value entered previously and click Run
14) Verify that only the one correct match is returned
Looking forward to see your response.
Thank you for the response I am able to upgrade.
Can you please let me know how to find out what is the version of the instance of syncfusion report server I am running?
You can find the current version of the deployed Syncfusion Report Server in any of the following ways,
Go to the below location in your system,
Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
Search for ‘syncfusion report server’ and the highlighted part in the below image is the version of Report Server.
Connect to the database you used for deploying Syncfusion Report Server and run the below query.
Note: We placed the screenshots of SQL server.
Select the database folder that you used for deploying the Syncfusion Report Server from the highlighted location in the below image.
Go to the below mentioned location.
Open the below highlighted file with the notepad.
Find the node with value ‘’latest.sql”
I have upgraded to the latest version but the issue is still reproducible. Can we schedule another support call so that I am able to demonstrate the issue better?
Please share your available date and time in incident created under your account related to this forum so that we can schedule the meeting and update the meeting link in incident.