We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LineSeries of 400 points consume too much memory and are very slow

Hi. I'm developing an app for simulating electric circuits. I'm using the Syncfusion library, SfChart control with lineseries, horizontalAxis logarithmic, everything seems fine. But when I display a 400point curve on the SfChart control, Process Memory usage of my app climbs from 64MB to 165MB, and when display two of three curves simultaneosly, memory goes to 200MB and the app gets slow, takes like two seconds to display the curves. The chart is inside a window in a SyncfusionDockingManager.
Data source are Dictionary<decimal, double> and binding paths are "dict.Key" and "dict.Value", i did get the data display correctly, problem is the performance.
My app get verrry slow and unresponsive if I display three curves.
What can I do?

3 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Leandro, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.  

We have analyzed your query and we would like to inform you that in case of a LineSeries, when you have large number of points to plot, you can make use of fast series types like FastLineSeries or FastLineBitmapSeries. 

Please refer below user documentation for more details about FastLineSeries and FastLineBitmapSeries.  

Hope it helps you.  

Thanks,     
Muneesh Kumar G. 

LE Leandro February 25, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Great!, let's give it a try. Thank you

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Leandro,  

Thanks for your update, take your time and we will wait to hear from you. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon