We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using Metro Theme for TabControlExt in custom Window

I have Window from another library and when I use TabControlExt syncfusion:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="Blend". It doesn't work. There is no change.

How do I customize the tab header in easiest way.

9 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Xmen, 

We are currently checking the reported query in our end, so we will provide the more details on February 26th, 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Xmen,  

Thanks for your patience. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement in which we have customized the tab item header by using its HeaderTemplate property. Please find the sample for the same from below location: 

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide screenshot regarding the requirement. And also we have checked the following query I have Window from another library and when I use TabControlExt syncfusion:SkinStorage.VisualStyle="Blend" it does not works”, but we were unable to reproduce it. Can you please provide more details regarding the Blend theme is not applied properly in TabControlExt issue or please modify the above sample to reproduce the reported problem. It would be more helpful to proceed further and resolve this issues as earlier.  

Regards,  
Jagadeesan 

JA jamin April 11, 2021 10:10 AM UTC

Hi jaga,
why i can
 <Window.Resources>
      <ResourceDictionary>
        <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
          <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.Metro.WPF;component/Common/Brushes.xaml"/>
          <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.Metro.WPF;component/MSControl/TextBox.xaml"/>
        </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
      </ResourceDictionary>
    </Window.Resources>

but this works?
 <Window.Resources>
      <ResourceDictionary>
          <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.FluentLight.WPF;component/Common/Brushes.xaml"/>
          <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.FluentLight.WPF;component/MSControl/TextBox.xaml"/>
      </ResourceDictionary>
    </Window.Resources>

How do I find this code: component/Common/Brushes.xaml" (where it's path)
the reason i want to change the fluentlight is i can't load its dll. strange!

SG Sangeetha Ganesan Syncfusion Team April 12, 2021 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Xmen,  

Thanks for your update. 

We are validating the reported query from our end. We will update you the further details on 14 April 2021.We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 

Sangeetha G 

EM Elakkiya Muthukumarasamy Syncfusion Team April 13, 2021 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for your update. 

Query: Why Metro theme path work 

We have checked your query and we would like to let you know that your used path is works only for the ThemeStudio related themes. Please refer the blow link to know the ThemeStudio based themes list 

For metro theme you need to set the path like below, 

<Window.Resources> 
<ResourceDictionary> 
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.Metro.WPF;component/CommonBrushes/CommonBrushes.xaml"/> 
<ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.Metro.WPF;component/Tools/MSControl/MScontrol.xaml"/> 
</ResourceDictionary> 
</Window.Resources> 

Query :Fluent theme throws an exception 

We have checked the reported issue with simple sample but we colud not reproduce this issue.Please share the below details these details will helpful to provide the prompt solution on this 

1.Can you please ensure the installed dlls is same version or not 
2.Can you please ensure the “Syncfusion.FluentLight.WPF” is added in your bin location or not 
3.The “Syncfusion.FluentLight.WPF” Copy Local property is true or not 

Screen shot: 

If you still facing the same problem after ensuring the mentioned things, please share your project we will check this issue and update you the details. 

Regards, 
Elakkiya 

JA jamin April 13, 2021 06:12 PM UTC

Hi Elakkiya ,
I have been using syncfusion winform before so can make sure these 3 errors don't happen, also i tried with nudget but the same error. take a look at this picture. am i missing something?

EM Elakkiya Muthukumarasamy Syncfusion Team April 14, 2021 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

On the further analysis we need to add space in the path. So please refer the below sample and screen shot for the same. 

Screen shot: 

Please try it with the above solution and let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Elakkiya 

JA jamin April 17, 2021 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Elakkiya,
now my codes is compiled but the theme is still not applied to the form. I have some work on the outside so I will prepare the files when possible.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team April 19, 2021 08:01 AM UTC

Hi Alex

Thank you for your update.

We will wait until we hear from you.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi VR

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon