We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridPicker not work...

I have a Xamarin application that has a datagrid.  I'm trying to make the test type a gridpicker column.  Currently the datagrid displays the TestTypeID.   

I added the gridpickercolumn to the testinfo.xaml file

I created the following TestTypeInfoCS class to load Observable Collection

I load the observable collections in TestInfoViewModel class

When I run the application I get the following unhandled exception.  

I was trying to follow the gridpicker example in the documentation. page 878-885  I'm need to develop the application to demo to the company I work for in order to get approval to purchase licenses for the Roush development team.  I appreciate your assistance with this issue.

5 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we are checking the on mentioned issue with DataGrid in Xamarin.Forms with the provided information. We will validate and let you know the details in one business day (February 25, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

PD Paul Dietz February 23, 2019 06:18 PM UTC

I wanted to share with you additional test results in hopes of expediting resolving this issue.

I read in one of the post on the formum that the gridpicker valuemembepath attribute and datagrid mappingname needed to be set to the same attribute name.  I also updated the ItemSource of the gridpicker to the TestTypeInfoCollect.  Lastly I set the DisplayMemberPath to TestTypeShortDescription. Please see the xmal image below:

I updated the TestInfoViewModel, moving the LoadTestTypeInfo into LoadTestInfo.  This change was required to populate both collections.
See image below:

I set a break point after the LoadTestInfo successfully complete.  The quick watch shows the information stored in the collection.  See image below:

The next image shows the TestTypeInfoCollection info:

When I run the application I get the following exception. 

I appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 05:24 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked the reported issue “Exception is raised in master details page when we load the datagrid with picker column.” And it was working fine from our side, and we have created and attached the sample for your reference in that we have loaded DataGrid when we select an list view item in master details page. 

In case, if you still experience the issue from your side, please modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue from your side so that it will be helpful for us to validate the issue and provide you solution at earlier. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

PD Paul Dietz replied to Paul Dietz February 25, 2019 07:44 PM UTC

I wanted to share with you additional test results in hopes of expediting resolving this issue.

I read in one of the post on the formum that the gridpicker valuemembepath attribute and datagrid mappingname needed to be set to the same attribute name.  I also updated the ItemSource of the gridpicker to the TestTypeInfoCollect.  Lastly I set the DisplayMemberPath to TestTypeShortDescription. Please see the xmal image below:

I updated the TestInfoViewModel, moving the LoadTestTypeInfo into LoadTestInfo.  This change was required to populate both collections.
See image below:

I set a break point after the LoadTestInfo successfully complete.  The quick watch shows the information stored in the collection.  See image below:

The next image shows the TestTypeInfoCollection info:

When I run the application I get the following exception. 

I appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

I resolved the issue see images below:

I updated the bindingcontext adding the dataGrid:

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for the update. We are happy that the mentioned issue is resolved at your end. In the provided sample also Grid item source updated based on the values. 

Please let us know, if you further query. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon