We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Excel filtering in IE11

Hi,

I am evaluating your grid control. We have a requirement for a grid with Excel filtering but need it to work in IE 11.

Looking at your demo site, all the grid filtering works in IE11 except for the Excel filtering where the drop down menu containing the Equal, Not Equal etc options becomes detached from the initial filter drop downand can't be used when you select e.g Text Filters from the initial drop down.

This drop down then stays on the screen even after the initial drop down is closed.

It works in Chrome, but we need it to work in IE11.

You state that the controls work in IE 11. Is there something that needs to be done to get it to work?

I have attached some screen shots.

Thanks

Sue

Attachment: Screenshots_9c959c57.7z

8 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Sue, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Based on your query we suspect that you want to show the row numbers in Grid. We can achieve your requirement using the queryCellInfo event of Grid. 

Refer the below code example. 

@Html.EJS().Grid("FlatGrid").DataSource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.dataSource).QueryCellInfo("querycellinfo").Columns(col => 
{ 
    col.HeaderText("Row Numer").Width("90").Add(); 
    col.Field("EmployeeID").HeaderText("Employee ID").IsPrimaryKey(true).Width("120").Add(); 
    col.Field("CustomerID").HeaderText("Customer Name").Width("150").Add(); 
    col.Field("OrderDate").HeaderText("Order Date").Type("date").Width("110").Add(); 
    col.Field("Freight").HeaderText("Freight").EditType("numericedit").Width("120").Add(); 
    col.Field("ShipCountry").HeaderText("Ship Country").Width("150").Add(); 
}).AllowPaging().Render() 

<script> 
    var count = 1; 
    function querycellinfo(args) {       

if (args.column.headerText == "Row Numer") { 
            args.cell.innerHTML = count; 
            count++; 
        } 
    } 
</script> 

Refer the below screen shot. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

SW Sue W February 22, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply.
However, you appear to have replied to a different question to that which was asked.
My question was about Excel filtering not working in IE11.
Have you put your response in the wrong thread?
If you could reply to my original query that would be great.
Thanks
Sue

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Sue, 

Sorry for the wrong update and we will update you the detail regarding your mentioned query shortly.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

SW Sue W March 1, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi,
  It's been a week now and I'm still waiting for a response to my question.
  We need to make a decision on the grid we are going to use soon and until we have an answer we are not doing any further evaluation of this grid and so it has been removed from our shortlist.
  If you could respond to my original question that would be great and we may be able to add it to our list again.
Thanks
Sue

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Sue, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Query #1: This drop down then stays on the screen even after the initial drop down is closed. 

We have already fixed this issue which was released a couple of weeks ago in the release version v16.4.54, so we suggest to check the updated version or the below provided sample for your reference. 

Query #2: the drop down menu containing the Equal, Not Equal etc options becomes detached from the initial filter drop down 

We have validated the defect you have initiated with us. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our subsequent patch release on Mar 20, 2019. If you wish to receive this fix in a specific prior release product version please contact Syncfusion Support (backwards compatibility subject to technological feasibility and our Support SLA) You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/5044/grid-excel-filter-sub-menutext-filter-is-misaligned-in-ie11-browser

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

SW Sue W March 4, 2019 03:33 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply. I will await an update on the bug fix.

Sue

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team March 5, 2019 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Sue, 

Thanks for your update. 

We will update the patch release details once it get released on March 20th, 2019. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 2, 2019 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Sue, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Release v17-1-0-38 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards             
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon