We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Application_Error in Global.asax when loading a page containing SpreadSheet control

When Loading an ASP.NET web forms Page that is containing a Spreadsheet control,Application_Error void in Global.asaxis getting called.
Application_Error is getting called twiceevery postback.
This is a part of the output from Visual Studio output. (Which came while this error)

Exception thrown: 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in mscorlib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in mscorlib.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in System.Web.dll
The thread 0x2a08 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x2750 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Exception thrown: 'System.Web.HttpException' in System.Web.dll
This is the exception details forSystem.Web.HttpException
System.Web.HttpException
HResult=0x80004005
Message=This is an invalid webresource request.
I suspect this is happening because of theSpreadSheet control. This does not happen in any other pages. Other parts This the ASPX page,
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="ExamEdit.aspx.vb" Inherits="SMAS.ASPSvr.ExamEdit" StylesheetTheme="Proj" Theme="Proj" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" TagPrefix="ej" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.EJ" Namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models" TagPrefix="ej" %>

Exam Sheet Editor

Title 1
Password
Details

Does it have anything wrong? Please help me to fix this issue. Ask me for more info if needed. I'm having another issue on the same page. Check if they are related - https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/142722/changes-to-spreadsheet-sheets-not-updating

4 Replies

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Hasindu, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have looked into your reported query and before we provide solution, we would like to know the following details. 

1. Please provide more information about your issue while getting Application_Error on every post back such as details of Http Error Code with error message, Exception error details. If possible, please provide error screenshots or video demonstration or issue reproducible dummy sample. 

2. Please share your code snippet or details about the Spreadsheet rendering part to know about the used way of dataSource binding,  dataSource length and customization in Spreadsheet if you did. 

3. Please confirm that you are currently using Essential Studio product version ‘v16.4.0.42’. If not, please share your current product version details. 

Could you please get back to us with the above information so that we can analyze based on that and provide you a better solution at earliest? The information provided would be great help for us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan 

HA Hasindu February 21, 2019 09:08 PM UTC

The version of Syncfusion.EJ is 16.4460.0.52

I'm receiving following many time in chrome console
WebResource.axd:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The URL of that is 
http://localhost:2052/WebResource.axd?d=DdgjHcAzq1d56W0G9r8Y3WV9ugW8OLNkBfeS6nolYl-D5dpbMeosksCPRE02LIhaU59Kxc9YCSLXBBEX9bDIwLcAYFMH-ed3rlo3jn8L12tYLw8K-E80NBZR-8HCtA4L0jTfQfaPz_AfgOxTjqN3nsww68Z46JgQL-RmaAbDl9QtNjQ_1MRW6lj6ZZ3jdX-I0&t=636863876354096555

Sometimes I get following in chrome console
GET http://localhost:2052/WebResource.axd?d=_02HorMgHfpa-An8s4LPQMk8xjgqFU5oJuavVBICeekA-Npq2JPR-qAWMrsrRsd-HaviiuCAOK0KXsyjlp1_qsldqRv4RZloUUFvoNFunbn_qlT-BsESVKsXVpwSmoEblm7oioq-rmMUF8MkfOs05vNhrLoPkrRJ7VjxWF4L4aUci2y685oIJYJ_n0hLuDp-0&t=636863876354096555 404 (Not Found)

This is coming from my aspx page. From this script. (This is only the first few lines)

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon