We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and drop nodes from treeview to diagram -Angular

Is there someway that the diagram would recognize items dragged and dropped from a treeview?

9 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Thao,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Reported Issue: The Drop event of the Diagram is not get fired when drag and drop the other component (tree view) to the Diagram. 

We have confirmed this as a defect. We have logged the defect report for this. The fix will be available in our Patch release on February 27th, 2019. 

Regards,  
Ramya T  

TT ttArbor February 14, 2019 02:16 PM UTC

Great. I'll look forward to the new release 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 15, 2019 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Thao, 

Reported Issue: The Drop event of the Diagram is not get fired when drag and drop the other component (tree view) to the Diagram.  

Thanks for your update. 

As promised, we will fix and include it in our Patch release on 27th February 2019. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

TT ttArbor February 19, 2019 03:18 PM UTC

I have another question related to drag and drop in diagram. 

I need to be able to trigger a drop event when user drag and drop some item into a node in diagram (i.e drag and drop one node into another node). Can you please give me home hints how to enable that? Thanks a lot. 

Thao

AR Aravind Ravi Syncfusion Team February 20, 2019 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Thao, 

When drag and drop one node into another node in diagram drop event will trigger. Please set allow drop constraints for node. For more information about node constraints please refer to below UG documentation link 

If you drag one node and drop on other node means the drop event will trigger. In that event args.target returns the node over which the object will be dropped and args.source returns from where the element is dragged. Please find below code snippet for how to set the node constraints and how to use drop event. 

Constraints= NodeConstraints.Default | NodeConstraints.AllowDrop 

function drop(args) { 
        if (args.target) { 
             var node = args.target; 
        } 
    } 

For more information about drop event please refer to below UG documentation link 

Regards 
Aravind Ravi 

TT ttArbor February 21, 2019 02:36 PM UTC

Thank you, Aravind Ravi. I found the document and able to drag one node and drop into another in a diagram. 

I'm looking forward to the fix for original issue and being able to drag an item from other controls and drop into a diagram's node. 

Thao

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Thao,  

There is some technical glitch in our Patch server system. We are working towards making the system fully functional. Until then, we will not be able to commit a timeline for providing fix through the patch setup. We will get back to you as soon as possible once it is up. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 
Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 28, 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Thao,   

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Reported Issue: The component does not drop while drag and drop the other components (treeview) in diagram    

We are unable to include this fix in our Patch release due to some technical glitch. We will include the fix in our volume 1 beta release on mid of March 2019. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team March 15, 2019 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Thao,    

Reported Issue: The component does not drop while drag and drop the other components in diagram   

We are glad to announce that our Essential JavaScript 2019 Volume 1 beta release (v17.1.32-beta) is rolled out successfully and In that release, we have added the fix for the reported issue.   

Please upgrade to the latest version packages to resolve this issue.    

Please find the release notes link as below.  

Regards,  
Ramya T  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon