We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeGrid filtering

Hello,

I am trying to filter data in TreeGrid component (using filterBar filter type).

On first load when I am adding value to filterBar box in request query to my WebAPI I am getting only field that I am filtering data for filtering:

After that, when I am expanding row I am getting in query only parentId property value but no value from filter:

But in this case in grid component (grid > grid > filterSettings > properties) I can see that filter value are still there:

What I need to do to pass in this case my filter value and parentId property to my WebAPI?

1 Reply

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Customer, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Query: “What I need to do to pass in this case my filter value and parentId property to my WebAPI? 

From your query we understand that you need to perform filtering operation with remote data. But it is not feasible to perform filtering in EJS TreeGrid with remote data since it is not possible to handle the filtering in server side for this type of dataSouce as it may contain many number of child levels in its dataSource. So server side filtering in EJ2 TreeGrid is not possible. 

Please get back to us if you have any other queries.  

Regards 
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon