We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabPageExt derived class and controls

If I have several tabs on one form the code in the form can get very large and messy. I like to derive one class for each tab from TabPageExt and put that tabs code in that class. The problem is generated code from controls on the page goes in the form class not my derived tab page class. Is there anyway to associate a tab with a class/file and when controls are dropped on that page have the code for them be generated in the appropriate tabpage derived class? Same thing with events. Should I consider using the tabbed MDI framework. My app is not an MDI app though. Thanks! Brian Thanks! Brian

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 30, 2002 12:21 PM UTC

Brian, You could instead create a UserControl for each tab page (not a derived TabPageExt), then you can populate the UserControl within it's designer and have code for the UserControl generated within that same file. Then you can drop this UserControl on to a tab page in your Forms. Tabbed MDI is also an option, but it's a whole different UI scheme, that may or may not be suitable for your app. MDI is useful when a single view (child Form type) needs to show different documents, which in turn can be opened and closed at will. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon