We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting Started

I am trying to use RibbonControlAdv for the very first time with Visual Studio Community 2017. I added the control to the form and changed the forms code as follows:

Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools

Namespace RibbonControlAdv
    Partial Class Form1
        Inherits RibbonForm
    End Class
End Namespace

In the design view of the form the ribbon control is no longer visible but when I run the application the ribbon is shown where I placed it on the form, not at the top.

I'm sure I must be missing something very simple but I'm not sure what it is.

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 11, 2019 07:29 AM UTC

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

Based on your query, we are trying to prepare sample in VB and used your code. But, we are facing error as base type has been mismatched in designer.vb as it inherits from Form and modifying the base type to RibbonForm in this class resolves the error. Also, RibbonControlAdv has been displayed on the top of the RibbonForm in both designer and run time. So, we request you to ensure whether you are inheriting RibbonForm in designer.vb of your application We have prepared simple sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

Sample: WF_RibbonVB  

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

BA Barry February 11, 2019 10:07 AM UTC

Thanks. All working now. I didn't realise that I had to add the code to Forms.vb and Forms.Designer.vb.

I'm coming from a Pascal development environment so have a lot to learn.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 11, 2019 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon