We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

sfDataGrid Issue - TypeLoadException: VTable failed to initialize

I'm having some trouble with the new Xamarin.Forms update, with version 3.5.0.129542.
The app starts normally, but when I try to open any page that contains a sfDataGrid control, the TypeLoadException gets thrown with the following description:

FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Parent class vtable failed to initialize, due to: VTable setup of type Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.ExtScrollViewer failed assembly:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mycompany.myApp/files/.__override__/Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.dll type:ExtScrollViewer member:(null)
02-07 17:47:13.658 E/mono-rt (27527):   at myApp.MyPage.InitializeComponent () [0x00177] in C:\...\obj\Debug
netstandard2.0\MyPage.xaml.g.cs:106 

The app runs fine with Xamarin.Forms version 3.4.0.1029999, or with the updated version in UWP. 
So far the problem only occurs in iOS and Android, with updated Xamarin.Forms 3.5

How can I solve this problem?
Thank you.

4 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

We can able to replicate the reported crashing issue with DataGrid in Xamarin.Forms. The issue occurs only when the project Xamarin.Forms update version above 3.5 and it is not occurring the previous updates. We have already considered and working on the support of .Net standard support for the update 3.1 in our upcoming Volume 1 release.  

We have already found this issue and logged issue report for the same. We will fix this issue with high priority and include the issue fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet release update and it will be available by February 19, 2019. We appreciate your patience and please use the earlier Xamarin.Forms updates until then.  

You can now track the status of this issue and contact us for any further inquiries through this link, 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

CF Carlos Frederico Silva Rodrigues February 8, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Ok, I'll be waiting, thank you.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 11, 2019 06:17 AM UTC

Hi Carlos,  

Thank you for the update. As we mentioned, we will include the fix in our weekly NuGet update (February 19, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Carlos,  

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 16.4.0.53 has been rolled out with the issue fix of “DataGrid crashing in Xamarin.Forms update 3.5” and is available for download (nuget.org). 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon