We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid and ComboBoxes

I have a GridDataBoundGrid and two ComboBox celltypes. The first ComboBox is used to filter down the view of the second ComboBox. I need to find a way to: 1) Set the datasource of the second ComboBox filtered by the selection in the first ComboBox. 2) The second ComboBox should remain disabled until the first ComboBox has a value selected, and then become enabled and filtered based on the first ComboBox selection. 3) If the record already exists, the second ComboBox should be enabled by default, and filtered on the value already set in the first ComboBox. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 23, 2004 07:56 AM UTC

Take a look at this KB. I think it will get you through 1 & 3. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=567 For 2, try handling Model.QueryCellInfo. If e.RowIndex > 0 and e.ColIndex points to your second combobox column, then test the value of grid[e.RowIndex, firstComboBoxColumn].Text, and if it is empty, set e.Style.Enabled = false.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon