We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to open page with DataForm, when user taps on an ListView item?

Hi,

I'm working on a Xamarin.Forms app and am learning a lot out of that excellent ExpenseAnalysis example, provided by Syncfusion team (thank you!).

Part of my app is a page with a ListView, similar to ExpenseAnalysis TransactionPage (https://github.com/syncfusion/Xamarin-ExpenseAnalysis/blob/master/ExpenseAnalysis/ExpenseAnalysis/View/TransactionPage.xaml). 

When the user taps on an item in the ListView, I want to open a new page like the AddTransactionsPage (https://github.com/syncfusion/Xamarin-ExpenseAnalysis/blob/master/ExpenseAnalysis/ExpenseAnalysis/View/AddTransactionsPage.xaml). This new page should contain a DataForm, which should be populated with the data of the item, the user has tapped. When the user hits the "Done" button, the page should close and the data, which have been edited by the user, should be saved.

How can I achieve this? Does anybody have an example?

Best regards,

Michael

3 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 6, 2019 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have checked your query related with rendering of the DataForm when user taps on an item in the ListView. Could you please check with our Sample Browser sample, whether it satisfies your requirement? In the ContactForm sample, list view of contacts will be displayed. When an item is tapped, details related to that contact will be rendered in the Dataform.  

Kindly find the sample location below,  

Please let us know if you would require further assistance.  

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

MI Michael February 7, 2019 08:32 PM UTC

Great! Thank you very much. That seems to be, what I need. I'm working hard to understand everything.

Best regards,

Michael

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 8, 2019 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the update. Please get in touch if you would require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon