We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

change Annotation position if is on top of a SFLineSeries

He there,
i want to check if a textAnnotation's rectagle is on top of any Line series in order to change its position.

Thanx,
Nassos

3 Replies

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team January 31, 2019 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Nassos, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

To position the text Annotation, please refer our online help document link. 

If your requirement is different from the above help document link, please confirm the below details whether your expected requirement match with that. 

Text Annotation should be in backside (bottom area) and line series draw on top position (display in front).   

If the above details match with your requirement, please confirm us. We will prepare and provide custom sample for you. 

Thanks, 
Bharathiraja. 

NR Nassos Reyzidis February 1, 2019 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Bharathiraja,

thanks for the reply,
I've seen the documentation before i opened this thread, the problem is not that i don't know how to place the Annotation either by Axes point or Pixels, what I'm asking is how to find out if a given annotation that i placed in for example at (x=10,y=10) is on top of a chartLine in order to change the annotation's position.
What a want is to ensure that the annotation is not in-front or behind (intersect) with a Line.

Thanks,
Nassos

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team February 4, 2019 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Nassos, 

Thanks for your update.  

We are afraid that there is no option to check the TextAnnotation is placed on top of the LineSeries. 

As we can’t find out text annotation on line series, we need to check the data points and text annotation position and will need to adjust it manually using the CoordinateUnit axis or pixels. 

As a workaround solution, the DataMarker can be used at a specific point as TextAnnotation and can hide the remaining data markers using DataMarkerLabelCreated event. 

We have prepared a simple sample using the DataMarker as TextAnnotation to show the text without placing on LineSeries. By using the LabelPosition as inner, outer and center you can also change the text position for the DataMarker. 

Screenshot: 

Please refer the below UG link for more details to position datamarker label 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.  

Regards, 
Bharathiraja. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon