We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Viewing PDF / modifying / saving back to server

Hello,

I'm trying to work with the PDF Viewer in my Asp.Net MVC application - the basic idea is to display a PDF to the user via an Asp.Net application, and allow them to edit the fields of the PDF in the web browser window. Once they're done with filling the fields in the PDF, they can save the modified PDF back to the server.

Towards this goal, I'm able to use the PDF Viewer to successfully display the PDF to the user in my application. The user is also able to fill PDF form fields. However, I'm running into an issue while saving the modified PDF back to the server. I tried saving it via the Download method, as suggested in one of the other forum threads, but the problem is that the user modifications are not available in the Download method. Can you please point me to the correct way of doing this?

4 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team January 30, 2019 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Saurabh, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we don’t have support for editing the form fields in EJ2 PDF Viewer control. But, editing the form fields is supported in EJ1 PDF Viewer control. We have provided the details by using EJ1 PDF Viewer control. 

We can fill the form filled PDF document and save the same by clicking the download icon in the toolbar. Kindy refer the UG documentation and online sample link for more details of using the PDF Viewer control. 

We have already created the KB for retrieving the form filled values and save the values in the database, kindly download the sample and the code snippet in the below link. 

Could you please provide us screenshot or video to represent the requirement if the provided solution does not meet your requirement. This help us to serve you better. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

EN Edward Norris March 15, 2019 05:03 PM UTC

Is this feature going to be added anytime soon?  I really do not want to have to write code for EJ1 and then have to re-write it for EJ2.

Of course, it is constantly saying I have no Dictionary values going to the RenderPdfPages, Bookmarks, RenderImages, and Unload events.  The Load is only getting "Congroller" and "Action", even the DocumentPath item isn't being passed in.  And, trying to use the $('#control').data('ejPdfViewer') does not appear to work either, the item returns undefined.

So, I am guessing that the EJ2 PDF Viewer is very far from being released?

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team March 18, 2019 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Saurabh, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we do not have support to fill the form fields in EJ2 PDFViewer. However, we have considered this as a feature and we have added it to our feature request list. We do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.  

Now, you can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through below link.  

Regards, 
Ramya T 

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team September 24, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Saurabh, 

We have provided the support for Form filling in PDF Viewer and the implementation is included in our 2019 Volume 3 beta release v17.3.0.9-beta. So kindly upgrade to the latest version to have this implementation. 

Please find the following supported fields: 

• Text box
  • Combo box
  • List box
  • Checkbox
  • Radio button
  • Multi selection list view
  • Signature field

Packages link: 

ASP.NET MVC 
ASP.NET Core 

Please find the download link for the beta release from the below,