We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rotator adds the Template twice per page

Hi,

The Template property used with the Rotator control gets hit twice. This should only be hit once. I have confirmed this in UWP.

The result is that the template is added twice. If there are any events fired in the template they are also fired twice due to the duplicate templates loaded.

In my project I had check boxes that would add 1 to a total. After selecting a check box I expected total + 1 but got total + 2. After a lot of investigation I noticed that all templates are added twice which caused the event handler to fire twice and hence the incorrect total.

I have supplied a modified version of one of your test projects. This break point is hit twice when one template is added which is incorrect behavior.

Please see the attached test project.

Thanks

Mark.

PS: You should be paying me for all the bugs I am finding in your controls :)

Attachment: Rotator_sample_70e24065.zip

22 Replies

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 25, 2019 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We were able to reproduce the issue “The Template property used with the Rotator control gets hit twice” and we have created a new support incident to have further follow-ups regarding this. We will assist you through incident under your Direct Trac account.   

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:   

Regards,  
Dhanasekar 

MA Mark March 19, 2019 09:17 AM UTC

Hi,

Has this been fixed? Tested with latest version as of today and it is still a problem.

Thanks

Mark.

MS Mugundhan Saravanan Syncfusion Team March 20, 2019 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have fixed the reported issue and it is not included in our latest version. We will include in our upcoming volume 1 sp-1 package which will be rolled out at end of April 2019.

We will let you know once our Volume 1-Sp-1 package has been rolled out.

Regards,
Mugundhan S.

MA Mark April 23, 2019 10:44 AM UTC

Hi,

Tested with 17.1.0.42 and it is not fixed yet. Is Volume 1-Sp-1 (including this fix ) still on track to be released this month?

Thanks

Mark.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We would like to inform you that 17.1.0.42 version is our weekly nuget release, 2019 Vol 1 SP 1 release will be available on mid of May 2019. Please check our SP1 with your application and let us know whether your issue has been resolved. 

Thanks,  
Muneesh Kumar G.  

MA Mark May 16, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Still not working with 17.1.0.47....

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 17, 2019 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Mark,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are changing the control architecture to fix this problem, due to this complexity we have not moved the fix in our Vol 1 SP 1 release. We will move the complete tested fix in our upcoming Vol 2 release. Which will be available on end of June 2019.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MA Mark June 18, 2019 08:53 AM UTC

Hi,

I have noticed a performance problem so I started to investigate. I updated to latest Nugets and this problem has gotten worse.

This breakpoint is hit X times in each UI project and should only be hit once.

UWP - 2
Android - 4
iOS - 6

I reported it 6 months ago and I am still waiting for a fix. Please get this fix out as a priority as it has been delayed multiple times. This makes the rotator unusable as any event is triggered 1* X times!

Thanks

Mark.
Attached is the latest version of my test project.

Attachment: FreshMVVMSFDataGrid_b5d09552.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 19, 2019 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

The reported issue of "Getter of template property hit multiple times" is fixed and it will be available in our Volume 2 beta release (Available in end of June, 2019).

·         When NavigationStripMode is set as Dots mode, Template will be fetched once in all the platforms. 
·         When NavigationStripMode is set as Thumbnail mode, Template will be fetched once in UWP and twice in Android and iOS. Because, in UWP we can capture the item's view and use it for Thumbnail. Where as in Android and iOS the template has to be converted to content view size and thumbnail view size separately. 

Thanks,
Muneesh Kumar G.   

MA Mark June 20, 2019 09:12 AM UTC

After reading your latest post it got me thinking on stopping the template from being loaded more than once.

In my template I have this:

so on the CreateTemplate call I did this hack:

which only allows the template to be loaded on the last call. This solves my problem of multiple templates from being loaded and hence multiple events being fired.

A negative is that the thumbnail is not created. I actually don't care as I wish to replace the thumbnail with an image anyway.

So my questions are:

1. Can I replace the thumbnail with my own image?
2. Can you add an option to stop the thumbnails from being created while still using NavigationStripMode="Thumbnail". This will stop the multiple event firing problem. I will use my own image. Maybe something like NavigationStripMode="Image"

Thanks

Mark.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 21, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We currently don't have the support to add separate view for thumbnail.

Alternatively, We have prepared a work around to meet your requirement and the sample with the work around can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/RotatorCustomThumb808804313

The provided sample works well in Android and UWP but has a issue with selected index change in iOS. This issue is fixed, and this fix will be available in the Vol2 beta release.

As we said earlier the template hit multiple time issue fix will also available in Vol2 beta release.  

Regards,  
Muneesh Kumar G     

MA Mark June 21, 2019 03:14 PM UTC

Awesome, this looks great. Will integrate it into my app and get back to you.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 06:29 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your update and we will wait to hear from you. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MA Mark June 28, 2019 11:16 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I have taken your example as a base and it is all working well. Here is a screen shot of the implementation without any styling applied.

Thanks

Mark.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team June 28, 2019 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Mark,  

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the given solution works. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G.   

MA Mark July 8, 2019 07:21 AM UTC

Hi,

Confirmed that it is fixed:

Thank you very much.

Mark.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 8, 2019 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Mark,   

Thanks for the update.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MA Mark July 8, 2019 10:37 AM UTC

Sorry I spoke too soon.....

UWP - OK
Android - OK

iOS not fixed. If there is only one template iOS works i.e. the call the Template property only gets hit once. If there are more than 1 templates it gets hit twice.

According to this statement above:

I will follow this up with a test project.

Thanks

Mark.

MA Mark July 8, 2019 11:21 AM UTC

Here is the promised sample project. Updated with latest and your beta Nugets.

This breakpoint gets hit twice in iOS.

If I leave only one template it gets hit only once:

Thanks for you continued help in fixing this. We are almost there :)

Thanks

Mark.

Attachment: FreshMVVMSFDataGrid_89252b73.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 10, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

We regret for your inconvenience,  

We have fixed this problem also and the fix will be available in our next weekly release. Which will be available on July 23rd, 2019.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G.   

MA Mark August 12, 2019 08:27 AM UTC

All fixed, thank you for the help.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 12, 2019 08:41 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Glad that the issue has been resolved and please get back to us if you need any other assistance.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Up arrow icon