We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Event

The docking system is very strong. I noticed one missing event sequence that would be useful tho: When someone starts to drag a window around to dock it, you give a visual cue where it will dock. However, in my particular application there is a timer running an animation in the client docking area. The feedback cue you draw gets instantly clobbered in that region. I use the AutoHideAnimationStart and AutoHideAnimationStop to solve one set of problems caused by this animation (I stop it during the autohide slide in and out). I want to do the same thing when someone is attempting to position a docking window. At first I thought DockStateChanging/Changed would do this... but nope. What would be useful is an event that fires when someone begins to drag a docker and when it finally docks (or the operation is aborted... asuming thats even possible). -- David

6 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2002 01:11 PM UTC

Hi David, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I have logged a feature request and we will do our best to provide suitable dragstart/dragstop events in an upcoming release of Essential Tools. Though a timeframe for the release has not been set, you can expect an update in about a month's time. The DockStateChanging/DockStateChanged events are fired only at the end of the drag/drop sequence when the control's dockstate changes. Pressing the ESC key during a drag process will abort the drag. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

DA David October 28, 2002 01:58 PM UTC

Thank you! That will do nicely. I was curious though... is there a workaround? For example, do the docking controls themselves "know" when they are being dragged around? If so, I could temporarily use that (though it'd get unamanageable quickly). -- David

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2002 06:14 PM UTC

David, Working around this issue would be time consuming and would involve considerable overriding of the Docking Windows classes. However, I am glad to inform you that the Essential Suite update that we had scheduled for today has been rescheduled for later this week, and we will do our best to implement the DragStart/DragStop events for that release. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

DA David October 28, 2002 09:05 PM UTC

Wow... that'd be awsome. BTW, looking over your products, and your web site, I get a real warm fuzzy about your company (which is as important as the product itself to me). I haven't finished the eval steps I was planning, but I've already got the PO submitted. -- David

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2002 10:50 PM UTC

Hi David, Thanks for the compliment! I'll pass it on to the development & support teams out here. The DragFeedbackStart and DragFeedbackStop events have been added to the DockingManager, and the forthcoming update to Essential Tools will include it. If you run into any other issues with Essential Suite, please get in touch with us through our Direct-Trac system. Direct-Trac will ensure a much faster response time. Regards, Prakash

DA David October 29, 2002 06:28 PM UTC

Like I could even imagine a faster response time than this. You replied to my message the same day, and had the feature added by the next! -- David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon