We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Questions about the document template creation program

Dear Syncfusion Administrator.

I am planning a program that can create documents based on template documents.

The functions required by the document creation program are as follows.

1. Administrators should be able to create template documents on the web (like documenteditor in Syncfusion)
  1.1. The template document should be able to create an input field for input from the user.
  1.2. The template document must be able to set the required input fields.
  1.3. Some fields should be able to accept dates via calendar pop-ups (I hope Syncfusion's in-place editor will run in documenteditor).
  1.4. Some fields should be able to select input values ​​in the form of combo boxes (I hope Syncfusion's in-place editor will run in documenteditor).
  1.5. You should be able to save the template document you created in the database (in the same format as Synfusion's sfdt).

2. The user must be able to create a new document based on the existing template document.
  2.1 The user must be able to enter data into the input field required by the template.
  2.2 The user must be able to save the created document in the database.
  2.3 The user must be able to import and read documents from the database.

3. You should be able to utilize user-created documents by using Javascript.
  3.1 You should be able to read the value of a specific field in the document (like reading the value with #id in jquery)

Please ask if it is possible to implement the above requirements through Syncfusion's Documenteditor, or if there is a solution other than Documenteditor.

Thank you for reading the long story.

1 Reply

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 17, 2019 11:42 AM UTC

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  
Currently, Our DocumentEditor does not have support for creating documents with fields (inputs, checkbox, etc). We have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.  

Regards,  
Karthikeyan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon