We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to databind

All,

I have an SfDateTimeEdit control in a userform and would like to bind the data to a binding source.  I keep getting an system.arguementexception.  

I am adding the following binding when the datasource is changed for the binding source.

(VB.NET CODE)

RestDate.DataBindings.Clear()
ResetDate.DataBindings.Add(New Binding("Value", bsData, "fsrSysInfoServoResetDate", True, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged)).

This same binding technique works for all my other syncfusion controls.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nathan

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team January 16, 2019 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Nathan,  

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have checked your query “ArgumentException occurs when binding the text in SfDateTimeEdit using Databinding” and conformed that it is already a known issue, it occurs due to validation. Since the value of Value property of SfDateTimeEdit is updated using Databinding.  SfDateTimeEdit expecting CancelEventHandler(which is modified as Validating event handler in SfDateTimeEdit). Due to unavailability of cancel event handler, the reported exception occurs. We have fixed this issue and SfDateTimeEdit will not handle the validation of date values in Validating event. Now, we have introduced new event DateTimeValidating and you can use DateTimeValidating event to validate the value in SfDateTimeEdit. The fix for the issue will be included in our upcoming Nuget release on today (16th January 2019).  

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

NC Nathan Cole January 16, 2019 12:29 PM UTC

Thank you for the update.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team January 17, 2019 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Nathan, 

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

As we already mentioned, we have fixed this issue and SfDateTimeEdit will not handle the validation of date values in Validating event. Now, we have introduced new event DateTimeValidating and you can use DateTimeValidating event to validate the value in SfDateTimeEdit. The fix for the issue will be included in our upcoming Nuget release on 22nd January 2019. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon