We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfChart GetStream() Implementation for UWP

I have a need to save a thumbnail of my Sfchart images to display as a summary tab elsewhere. How can I generate an image or a stream from the current Sfchart? I don't want to save to device first. Much like if I were going to copy image to clipboard.

.GetStream() only works for iOs and Android.

1 Reply

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team January 14, 2019 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, 

We have validated your requirement and we would like to let you know that in UWP there is not GetStream method instead we can use the ImageStream to get the convert the chart as image. Also, there is a framework level limitation in UWP in getting the stream on the fly. So, you need to add the chart in the view in order to convert that as an image stream. To learn more on this limitation, please refer the below link. 

So, to get the chart as image in UWP you can use SaveAsImage method as like in below code snippet. 

Code Snippet C# 
private void Button_Clicked(object sender, EventArgs e) 

chart.SaveAsImage("chart.jpg"); 

We have prepared a sample to convert the chart into image and the sample can be downloaded from the below link. 

Sample: ChartToImage 

Let us know if you need any other assistance from us. 

Thanks, 
Michael  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon