We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

drop-downs on rows that are changing

Hi, I have a small problem with GDBG and a drop-down on a row whose data is changing. I have the grid setup so that the drop-down buttons are hidden until the cell is clicked on. So.. I click on the cell, to get my drop down showing, and then leave the mouse on the resulting pop-up menu. What Im seeing is that when the row changes, the drop-down button goes away, and the pop-up menu stays in place. The cell seems to be in a state with a pop-up shown and functional, but no drop-down button being shown, and selecting an item on the pop-up doesnt push it into the cell value. To make things work again, you need to click on the cell to "drop-down" the menu (which is already showing). Its a little strange. The desired behaviour, i think, is to keep the cell in its correct dropped-down state, even if the value of the cell has changed or if the row is changing.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2004 04:16 PM UTC

I assume the grid is updating the cell in such as manner as it no longer has input focus, and this is what is causing the button to dissappear since it is only visible when the cell is active. What kind of cell control are you using to get a PopMenu when you click a cell button? Is it something form our samples or something that you did yourself?

DM damien morton May 20, 2004 05:54 PM UTC

The grid is being updated in the standard GDBG manner - by responding to RowChanged events from the underlying datasource. I probably got the terminology wrong - we are using a standard enum type, which is represented as a drop-down. When I say pop-up i am referring to the menu associated with the drop-down.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2004 06:11 PM UTC

I am sorry, but I am still confused. Is the CellType for this column "ComboBox" or "GridListControl"? What is the DataSource (a DataTable, StringCollection, or ???)? Are you explicitly responding to events and updating the grid yourself, or are you just letting the grid handle all the updating through its default event handling? To try to home in on the problem, I will have to prepare a sample and would like to do what you are doing. If you could provide a sample project showing the problem that would be helpful.

DM damien morton May 21, 2004 11:30 AM UTC

Sorry about the confusion. Ill whip up a demo later today.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon