We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I increase the number of items (appointments) in MonthViewItem ?

In month view Mode, I would like to increase the number of appointments displayed in Month Cell.

I tried reducing the height of the appointment by customising AppointmentTemplate, it DOES reducing the the size of each appointment, but it DOES NOT increase the number of appointments in Month Cell.

If I can display more the 2 appointments (cause 2 is not enough for us), and I can add scroll inside of Month Cell, that would be perfect.
Do you have any idea?

Regards,
James

8 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 10:01 AM UTC

Hi James,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have analyzed your requirement “How to display more than two appointments in month view and scroll to view more appointments” and it can be achieved by overriding the “ScheduleMonthDateContentControl” style of schedule and you can use list view for displaying appointments in month cell.  

We have prepared a simple sample for the same, please find the sample by the following link. 

Sampel: SfSchedule  

We hope that this helps you, kindly revert us if you have any concern.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

JA James January 7, 2019 10:33 PM UTC

Hi, Subburaj

Thanks for your amazing and fast reply. I tried it out and it is exactly what I looked for.

However, I have got some question regarding on the VisibleAppointments property.
Cause, even though I increase the number of Meetings, the listview only shows at most 3 records on any date, not more than that.

I believe view(xaml) itself was fine. But when I debug it, it looks VisibleAppointments contains maximum 3 items per date. 

I look forward to hearing your advice.

Thanks
James

JA James January 7, 2019 11:26 PM UTC

Hi, Subburaj

Sorry, forget about my VisibleAppointments question.

maybe it is from some misleading on recursive setting.

It is working with my example data actually.

Thank you so much!!

James

JA James January 8, 2019 01:32 AM UTC

Back to this issue again sorry.

Still wondering how VisibleAppointments are constructed.. the list is not listing all the items with my test data as well.

Do you have a kind of internal api information determining of what is VisibleAppointments?

Other ScheduleTypes are all fine. Just Month view is not listing up every appointments.

Looking forward to hearing you.

Thanks
James

JA James January 8, 2019 03:27 AM UTC

Hi, Subburaj

Sorry for the long thread.
To clear the long tread shortly, here are the points I am curious in your sample.

1. Are VisibleAppointments truly displaying the whole records. (when I add more events on your sample code, it does not display every records, but just some of it)

2. By overriding the template for the ScheduleMonthDateContentControl, the Color setting for the selected month has gone... I tried to add trigger in order to detect 'IsFocused', it does not look it is working.

Thanks for your support.

James 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 11:55 AM UTC

Hi James, 

Thank you for the update. 

Query 1: Regarding VisibleAppointments 
Sorry for the inconvenience. VisibleAppointments is a property of schedule and we restrict this to return only three appointments per day. Hence it doesn’t display more than three appointments, you can achieve your requirement by passing the local appointment collection to converter and arrange only the current date appointments in the listview. We have modified the sample based on this, please find the sample by the following link. 

Sample link: Schedule 

Query 2: Regarding SelectedMonthColor doesn’t update while override the ScheduleMonthDateContentControl 
In the sample we have provided, we have set the background color for month cells in sample level. So that the style doesn’t reflect, you can achieve your requirement by set the custom elements backgroundcolor by binding with the default background color property. 

[XAML] 
<ListView Grid.Row="1" Background="{TemplateBinding Background}"BorderBrush="Transparent"> 
                                    <ListView.ItemsSource> 
                                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource AppoitmentConverter}"> 
                                            <Binding Path="Meetings" Source="{StaticResource ViewModel}" /> 
                                            <Binding Path="Date"RelativeSource="{RelativeSource Mode=TemplatedParent}"/> 
                                        </MultiBinding> 
                                    </ListView.ItemsSource> 
                                    <ListView.ItemTemplate> 
                                        <DataTemplate> 
                                            <WrapPanel> 
                                                <TextBlock Background="{Binding MappedColor}" Text="{Binding Path=MappedSubject}"Foreground="White"/> 
                                            </WrapPanel> 
                                        </DataTemplate> 
                                    </ListView.ItemTemplate> 
                                </ListView> 

Please let us know, if this helpful. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

JA James January 9, 2019 10:46 PM UTC

Hi, Subburaj

Amazing!!! I just hit my head when I saw your code with Templated Binding..

Thank you very much. All good.
James

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team January 10, 2019 06:47 AM UTC

Hi James, 

Thanks for update. We are happy that the mentioned issue has been resolved at your end.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon