We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

IndexOutOfBounds exception

Hi 
following the getting started article for the WPF SFDiagram (Getting started with Syncfusion Essential Diagram for WPF.) , I've found a bug that seems to only occur when the Shape is InternalStorage (Well, I've not tried an exhaustive attempt to locate all errors in any event). As soon as you attempt to connect a connector to a Node with the InternalStorage event (whether programatically or in the diagram by user interaction at run time) an IndexOutOfBounds exception is thrown. I attach a zip file of a project to demonstrate this. The exception is thrown as soon as a connection is added to a node where the shape is Internaltorage.

This may of course be due to the Resources from the DiagramBuilder demo, but may be a more fundamental issue: my solution was to not use the InternalStorage shape, but I'm sure this will vex other people who will wonder why just this shape has issues with connectors. This leads me to ask, are there any prerequisites for creating custom shapes that may need to be addressed in terms of connectors? I.E. If I was to create a custom shape, are there any issues I should be aware of that could be a problem when trying to use connectors?

Best regards
Kelly

Attachment: DiagramBug_53791839.zip

1 Reply

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Kelly,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Reported issue: Exception thrown when connecting the Node(Shapes with multiple path). 

We can reproduce the reported issue when Node's Shape is with multiple path with Diagram. We have confirmed this as a defect and logged a defect report. 
The fix will be available in our Service pack 1 of Volume 4  release which is scheduled to be rolled out on end of January 2019.  Now, you can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through feedback link. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon