We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

dropdowncombo cannot set Text property after selecting

a dropdowncombo with a multicolumn grid (grTrans) as the popupcontrol. in the event grTrans_click a try to set the dropdowncombo.text=grTrans.selectedvalue and close the popup. The dropdowncombo.text is always blank. Refuses to be set Same problem with basedropdown // get a dataset DataSet ds=PDA.GetDataSet("Select TransId,CustId,TransType from tblSoTransHeader order by 1","Orders"); this.grTrans.DataSource=ds.Tables[0]; this.grTrans.ValueMember="Transid"; this.grTrans.DisplayMember="Transid"; this.grTrans.MultiColumn=true; private void grTrans_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string a; if ( grTrans.SelectedValue != null ) { a=grTrans.SelectedValue.ToString(); this.textBox1.Text=a; // it works this.cbobase1.Text=a; // it sets the text this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.HidePopup(); //this.comboDropDown1.PopupControl = null; this.comboDropDown1.Text=a; // the text is not set } } I am trying to implement a multicolumn combo that shows the matching displaymeber as you type and that show the multicolum as you open it and sets the text as you click in a row. This functionality is out of the box in Infragistics without a line of code. I tried both basecombo and dropdown combo and the combo.text property does not work reliably in the basecombo (some times you can set it and some times you cannot set it) .In the dropdowncombo you cannot set the tex property if you have a sycnfusion gridlist as the popup control (needed to have th multicolumn).

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2004 08:09 PM UTC

Hi, Please take a look at the ComboBoxBaseGridDemo sample present in the directory ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Grid\Samples\Quick Start\ComboBoxBaseGridDemo, and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2004 09:22 PM UTC

>a dropdowncombo with a multicolumn grid (grTrans) as the popupcontrol. >in the event grTrans_click a try to set the dropdowncombo.text=grTrans.selectedvalue and close the popup. >The dropdowncombo.text is always blank. Refuses to be set >Same problem with basedropdown > >// get a dataset >DataSet ds=PDA.GetDataSet("Select TransId,CustId,TransType from tblSoTransHeader order by 1","Orders"); > this.grTrans.DataSource=ds.Tables[0]; > this.grTrans.ValueMember="Transid"; > this.grTrans.DisplayMember="Transid"; > this.grTrans.MultiColumn=true; > >private void grTrans_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) > { > string a; >if ( grTrans.SelectedValue != null ) > { > a=grTrans.SelectedValue.ToString(); > this.textBox1.Text=a; // it works > this.cbobase1.Text=a; // it sets the text > this.comboDropDown1.PopupContainer.HidePopup(); > //this.comboDropDown1.PopupControl = null; > this.comboDropDown1.Text=a; // the text is not set > } > > } > >I am trying to implement a multicolumn combo that shows the matching displaymeber as you type and that show the multicolum as you open it and sets the text as you click in a row. This functionality is out of the box in Infragistics without a line of code. >I tried both basecombo and dropdown combo and the combo.text property does not work reliably in the basecombo (some times you can set it and some times you cannot set it) .In the dropdowncombo you cannot set the tex property if you have a sycnfusion gridlist as the popup control (needed to have th multicolumn).

LG Luis Guerra May 20, 2004 09:27 PM UTC

Sorry Guru, Your example is not the same. It does not use your GridList control. I need the GridList to have multicolumns. Once you use the GridList in the listcontrol property of the combo, the text cannot be set reliably. It only gets set if you are clicking on the last visible row of the Grid. You have the same problem with the combobox.text not being set if you use the dropdowncombo. It looks as if the text gets set for a moment and then disappears.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 21, 2004 07:43 PM UTC

Hi Luis, Thanks for the update, and the clarification. I understand your requirements better now. We do have a MultiColumnComboBox control (yet to be released) which uses a GridListControl (which can bind to data virtually) in its dropdown. Please open an incident in DirectTrac in this regard, and I will update you there with more information. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon