We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Circular Gauge in Android Shows Tick Marks All the Way to the Needle Knob in Version 16.4

I just updated to version 16.4 and all my circular gauges in my Android app show the tick marks all the way from the rim to the needle knob. The iOS and Windows 10 apps show the tick marks correctly. The needle knob also shows little extra tick marks extending from it. Any ideas? I haven't started playing with my settings yet, thought I'd post this first. See the attached pic for an example.

Attachment: Circular_Gauge_v16.4_4f065226.zip

3 Replies

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team January 3, 2019 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have checked the scenario with the latest version (16.4) and tried to replicate the issue, but it is working fine at our end. Hence, we would like to know how you are using the gauge so that we can validate and guide you accordingly.  

You can download the sample we have tested from the below location. 

Output Image: 

If your scenario is not covered in the above, please provide additional information such as either code snippet or replication steps to reproduce the issue so that we can provide you better solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Michael 

MA Mark January 4, 2019 04:35 PM UTC

Well, I tried to recreate it with your sample but was unsuccessful. In my app I inherit the circular gauge into my own class and add additional properties and methods. I use the Major/Minor TickSettings Length and Offset properties which cause the elongated tick marks. When I switch over to the StartOffset and EndOffset properties, it works fine. Since I was unable to mimic the behavior using the Length and Offset properties in your sample app, I can only conclude that it has something to do the the inheritance in Android (iOS and Windows 10 are good).

Your sample app actually helped me understand the StartOffset and EndOffset properties and since my app allows the user to resize the gauge, these properties were much better suited for that task than the Length and Offset properties. So I have converted my app over and no longer using the Length and Offset properties so this issue is resolved for me. 

On a down day when it's raining and not snowing in our mountains, I will attempt again to recreate the scenario using an inherited class in your sample to see if I can help you figure out what is going on (unless you beat me to it).

Thanks for the help.

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We are glad that your issue has been resolved by using StartOffset and EndOffset properties, you can get back at your leisure if you could find the root cause of the original problem in Android. We are always happy to help you. 

Thanks, 
Michael 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon