We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error on SfTextInputLayout on Android 4.4 ( Java.Lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='setClipToOutline' signature='(Z)V' in class Landroid/view/View;)

Hi there, please excuse my english :(

I use SfTextINputLayout (16.4.0.42)on a Xamarin.Forms 3.4 projects
In Android 4.4 It keep failing with this exception 

Java.Lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='setClipToOutline' signature='(Z)V' in class Landroid/view/View;

What can i do??? Please help!!
I atttach vs log of output.

Attachment: log_db9189b2.zip

9 Replies

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Julio, 

Greetings from Syncfusion, and we are sorry for the delay in the response, we confirm this as a bug and we have already provided patch for the same on in the Direct Track incident created by you. Also, this fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the first week of February 2019.  

Thanks, 
Michael 

EM Emil January 17, 2019 02:12 AM UTC

Hi, 

can you please urgently provide me the same fix. I am getting so many of this crash in my android app.
thanks for quick response.

Emil

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team January 17, 2019 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

We have provided patch for the issue in the Direct Track incident created by you. Also, this fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out at the first week of February 2019.   

Thanks, 
Bharathiraja. 

JC Julio Cesar Jerez Camps January 17, 2019 01:16 PM UTC

Gracias!
Disculpe la demora en responder.

Thank's for you answer!
I have nothing but praises for your team!

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team January 18, 2019 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Julio, 

Please get back to us at anytime if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Padmini 

RA RODRIGO AMARAL January 23, 2019 05:41 PM UTC

Hi,

can you please urgently provide me the same fix. I am getting this crash in my android app.
thanks for quick response.

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team January 24, 2019 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Rodrigo, 

We are glad to announce that our weekly Nuget was rolled out on 22nd January and the fix for the reported issue was included in the same. Please download and use our latest Nuget version. 

Nuget Version: 16.4.0.48 

Thanks, 
Bharathiraja. 

EM Emil January 27, 2019 01:57 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry, I really cannot understand how you didnt include this serious bug in your releases. it was reported 21th December and you made 4 another releases after reported version. It is quite frustrating that we lost so many users as mostly this occurs on loginpage which is the first page of every app. please take such issues as prio 1 in the future.

thanks,

Emil 

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team January 29, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Emil,

A support incident to track the status of this query has been created under your account and we have provided solution for the same in the incident. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/ 

Regards,

Bharathiraja. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon