We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Arabic PDF Export problem

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

141564 Dec 18,2018 10:13 AM UTC Feb 18,2019 11:45 AM UTC Report Platform 15
Tags: General
Amro Osama
Asked On December 18, 2018 10:13 AM UTC

Hello, 

I have a RDLC report which has Arabic text, when I try to Export the report to PDF, the arabic text is blank.

So I added the used font (Arial) to the PDFOptions.Fonts, the text is displayed, but each letter seperated and in the wrong direction.

in other products there is an option to set the RTL(right to left) option in code, but I don't see the same here.

PS: I tried both Reportviewer and ReportWrite, the output is the same.
PS2: the RDLC report already has everything set to RTL

Nuget packages used:

ASP.NET Core 2.2
Syncfusion.EJ.ReportViewer.AspNet.Core 16.3.0.29
Syncfusion.Compression.Net.Core 16.3.0.29
Syncfusion.Pdf.Net.Core 16.3.0.29

Mageshyadav M [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 21, 2018 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Amro,  

Sorry for the delay. Please find the response for your queries. 

Query 
Response 
I have a RDLC report which has Arabic text, when I try to Export the report to PDF, the arabic text is blank. 

So I added the used font (Arial) to the PDFOptions.Fonts, the text is displayed, but each letter seperated and in the wrong direction. 

We are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue with your shared details at our end. We have tested Arabic report with Arabic font style in our essential studio (v 16.3.0.29), its working properly at our end. Please find the PDF export snap.  

Code snippet : 
reportOption.ReportModel.PDFOptions = new Syncfusion.ReportWriter.PDFOptions(); 
reportOption.ReportModel.PDFOptions.Fonts = new Dictionary<string, Stream>(StringComparer.OrdinalIgnoreCase); 
FileStream ttfStream = new FileStream(basePath + @"\ReportData\WPSI13N_.TTF", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); 
reportOption.ReportModel.PDFOptions.Fonts.Add("WP Arabic Sihafa", ttfStream); 

Can you please confirm us the attached Arabic report and Arabic ttf file working at your end. If not, can you please share your report with TTF file for us to validate the issue cause further 

In other products there is an option to set the RTL(right to left) option in code, but I don't see the same here. 
Currently, we do not have support to achieve your requirement “RTL Option for TextBox Report Item on export to PDF“ but we have logged a feature request on this, and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below.   

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands.   

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request you can add it as a comment in the portal.   

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On December 23, 2018 08:00 AM UTC

The Screenshot you attached does show that the letters are seperated and the order is reversed, which is exactly the problem

Please see the following sample:

(the word means test in arabic)
- This is what should be displayed:
تجربة

-This is what is actually displayed:
ة ب ر ج ت

I added spaces between the letters to mimic the displayed result, but in fact there are no spaces added.

Attached is a screenshot.

Attachment: Test_df0ba101.zip

Replied On December 24, 2018 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Amro, 

We are unable to find the exact letter which is rendered with spaces at our end by using Arabic TTF file (“WP Arabic Sihafa”) we shared. Can you please share your TTF file and RDLC report, it will be helpful for us to find the exact cause for issue at our end. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On December 26, 2018 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Amro, 

We are unable to find the exact letter which is rendered with spaces at our end by using Arabic TTF file (“WP Arabic Sihafa”) we shared. Can you please share your TTF file and RDLC report, it will be helpful for us to find the exact cause for issue at our end. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

I've attached the following:

1- RDLC report.
2- 'Arial' and 'WP Arabic Sihafa' fonts, (Arial already exists in windows anyway).
3- PDF output of the report.

Attachment: Arabic_PDF_Test_2955dce3.zip

Replied On December 26, 2018 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Amro, 

Thanks for sharing the details. We were able to reproduce the mentioned invalid content issue at our end when using the Arabic content with Arial font and this fix changes will be included in our next weekly NuGet release and it is estimated to be available in 2nd week of January 2019. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On December 26, 2018 02:33 PM UTC

That's good to hear,
Thank you very much.

I just want to clarify that this happens with any font, it's a text drawing/rendering problem, rather than a specific font problem.

But I guess you already know by now.

I hope that you give me an update when this becomes available, so I can test it.

Thanks.

Replied On December 31, 2018 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Amro, 

Thanks for your update. 

Next weekly nuget release will be available on January 8, 2019. You can check the fix changes on January 9, 2019. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On February 11, 2019 07:38 AM UTC

The issue hasn't been fixed on Jan 8, nor on any followed updates.

Even the change log doesn't mention this bug.

Could you kindly check this?

Thanks.

Replied On February 12, 2019 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Amro, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We missed to include this fix changes in our weekly nuget releases and we regret for promise failure. We will include this fix changes in our next weekly nuget release which will roll out on February 19, 2019. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On February 12, 2019 01:48 PM UTC

No need to apologise,
Thank you for your support.

If possible also, there's another bug,

Vertical alignment of text is always ignored.

Replied On February 13, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Amro, 

Please share snapshot of the reported issue "Vertical alignment of text is always ignored". Since we have doubt whether this issue is reproduced for individual textbox or tablix cell item. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On February 13, 2019 01:37 PM UTC

I guess it happens with both,
But the on I had was in the header, so itsi a single text box.

I don't have access to my work pc now, so i can't send you a screenshot.

Replied On February 14, 2019 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Amro, 

We don’t provide vertical alignment support for textbox report item since we face compatibility issue and content overlay issue with different browser. Hence we have considered the vertical alignment support as an limitation in Report Viewer and updated this information in below help documentation, 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Amro Osama
Replied On February 17, 2019 06:12 AM UTC

Thanks for the clarification,

But this also happens with the ReportWriter when exporting to PDF,
Actually I'm not using the Report Viewer.

Replied On February 18, 2019 11:45 AM UTC

Hi Amro, 

Currently, we don't provide vertical alignment support for textbox report item in ReportWriter also when exporting to PDF. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;