We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Changing Z-Index of controls in Report Designer

Is there a way to change the z-index of a control? If I have an existing report that I'd like to put an image behind to act as a watermark, I'd like to be able to put the image underneath all of the other controls. I do not see any way of modifying a controls z index, so the image is just on top of other controls.

To provide a simple example, the screenshot below shows two filled in rectangles, a red one with a smaller blue one on top of it. I want to send the blue rectangle to the back, so that the red rectangle is overlapping it.

1 Reply

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Justin, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We don’t have option to change Z-index for report item controls in our Report Designer. But we can able to add the background image for body, tablix reportitem etc, as shown in below snap. 

Output snap: 

Please find the below RDL report file for your reference. 

Could you please confirm whether the above scenario fits your requirement, if not means can you please share some additional details to validate the solution for your requirement.  

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon