We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Center Align summary column text that is currently wrapping on iOS and Android

What is the best way to edit the appearance of the summary column text, when adding from c# code behind?

the desired result is to have the values displayed centered on one line (no wrapping)

I have tried setting a data template from the pages resource dictionary, however I think I am doing something wrong because it was causing the app to crash when applied

any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

3 Replies

SS Sivaraman Sivagurunathan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 04:01 PM UTC

Hi Brian,  

Thanks for using Syncfusion components.  

We have checked your query. you can achieve your requirement by setting the TextAlignment for Summary column. We have prepared the sample based on your requirement and attached for your reference. You can download the same from the below link also refer the UG link.  

Regards,  
Sivaraman

BS Brian Schwartz December 19, 2018 02:52 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply, and sample project!

We were already setting the alignment to Center, and while iOS and UWP center the summary column text, on Android it does not, and is currently aligning to the end/right of the column.

NOTE: Android seems to work if setting the alignment to start or end, just not center

SS Sivaraman Sivagurunathan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2018 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Brian , 

Thanks for your update. 

We have checked your query and prepare the sample based on your requirement.  We are able to reproduce the reported issue from our side. But the issue only occurs in LoadUiView false case. You can overcome the issue by setting the LoadUiView as true for the GridColumn. However  we have logged a bug report for the same. It will be fixed and included in 2018 Volume 4 SP1 release which is expected to be rolled out by end of January 2018.  

Regards,  
Sivaraman 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon