We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Warning MSB3277 when including Reporting controls to a new MVC project

I have been creating several ASP.NET MVC projects for testing purposes only and I found that, if I include Reporting controls, I get a warning when compiling the project. If I create the project without the Reporting controls, compilation is successful (I select all controls except Reporting). My Visual Studio 2017 version is 15.4.1. I am not doing anything with the project, I only create it and compile it immediately.

My Visual Studio 2017 is in Spanish language so I am going to translate the message to English the best I can:

SPANISH
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1988,5): Se encontraron conflictos entre diferentes versiones del mismo ensamblado dependiente que no se pudieron resolver.  Estos conflictos de referencia se enumeran en el registro de compilación si su nivel de detalle está establecido como detallado.

ENGLISH
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1988,5): warning MSB3277: Conflicts were found among different versiones of the same dependent assembly and could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are enumerated in the compilation registry if the level of detail is established as detailed.

I will very much appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado

3 Replies

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team December 17, 2018 09:44 AM UTC

Hi Jorge, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We unable to preparing the environment with Visual Studio 2017 v15.4.1. Meantime, we have ensured this in Visual Studio 2017 latest updated version and it works without this warning. Could you please share the conflict assembly information by setting Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run->MSBuild project build output verbosity to Detailed in Visual Studio menu and rebuild it? 

Regards, 
Kannan  

JM Jorge Maldonado December 17, 2018 08:20 PM UTC

I updated my VS2017 version and the issue was fixed.
However, I´ve got a new issue with NewtonSoft but I updated to newest version in NuGet and it was solved.
In short, I am now working without any problem.

Best regards,
Jorge Maldonado

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Jorge, 

Thanks for the update.  

We glad to know that the reported issue has been resolved by upgrading the Visual Studio and NuGet.  

Regards, 
Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon