We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[Question] Cutomized Dialog for Toolbar in Grid

Is it possible to customize a dialog box for toolbar under Grid? If yes, how can this be done?

7 Replies

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 16, 2018 04:12 PM UTC

Hi Dana, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

From the query we understood that you want to customize the edit dialog box of the grid, if so please go through the below link to achieve it. If we misunderstood your requirement, then please share more information to provide solution as earlier as possible. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

DA Dana December 17, 2018 02:23 AM UTC

It is close to what I initially pictured, but I was wondering if the contents of the "edit" for the dialog box could be customized, such as this for an example (look at the zip file for the picture attached).

In order words, is it possible to launch a dialog box and present data that is indirectly related to the underlined row?

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 17, 2018 05:00 AM UTC

Hi Dana, 

Thanks for the update. 

We understood that you want to show fields in the edit dialog which are not present in the grid. If this is the requirement then we  suggest you to use the dialog template feature of the grid. Please find the demo and documentation from the below links. 

If we misunderstood your requirement please correct us and also we didn’t find any attachment in your last update, please provide us the attachment for further analysis. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

DA Dana January 3, 2019 07:40 AM UTC

Is there a way to combine the two different headerText columns together? I've checked your documentation to find any answers, but sadly there is a stacked column which is not what I am looking for.

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team January 4, 2019 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Dana, 

From the query we understood that you want to merge header cells, you can achieve this using the headerCellInfo event as follows. 

<ejs-grid ... (headerCellInfo)='headerCellInfoEvent($event)'> 
</ejs-grid> 

export class ColumnSpanningComponent implements OnInit { 
    public headerCellInfoEvent(args: HeaderCellInfoEventArgs) { 
        if (args.cell.column.field === 'EmployeeID') { 
            args.node.colSpan = 2; 
        } 
        if (args.cell.column.field === 'EmployeeName') { 
            args.node.classList.add('e-hide'); 
        } 
    }; 
} 

If we misunderstood your requirement please correct us with screenshot of your requirement. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

DA Dana January 4, 2019 09:52 AM UTC

It works, however, I would not be able to compile the project for production.

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team January 4, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Dana, 

Please type case as below to resolve this problem. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon