We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid MENU filter filtersearchbegin

Hello,

I'm missing some kind of event when you type to search in filter of MENU type, filtersearchbegin does not fire as it fires in Excel as you type, so I can't add additional params for search. I'm assuming that this is an issue. If not, how do I pass additional param when searching (I'm doing it on filtersearchbegin with Excel type)

No event was fired when I types "t" in search

Here's the demo I used to see that nothing fires in ActionBegin as you type

1 Reply

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 14, 2018 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Domantos, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion. 

We have validated your query and the provided information. We suggest you to use the below way to achieve your requirement. In the below sample, we have applied additional parameter for autoComplete component in actionComplete event with requestType as filterafteropen using query property of autoComplete. 

Please refer the below code example and sample for more information. 

<ejs-grid [dataSource]='data' allowFiltering=true [filterSettings]='filter' (actionComplete)='actionComplete($event)' height='273px'> 
<e-columns> 
  <e-column field='ProductName' headerText='ProductName' width=120></e-column> 
  . . . . . . 
</e-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

export class DataBindingComponent implements OnInit { 

ngOnInit(): void { 
    this.filter = { type: 'Menu' }; 
  } 
  actionComplete(e) { 
    if (e.columnName == "ProductName" && e.requestType === 'filterafteropen') { 
      e.filterModel.dlgObj.element.querySelector('.e-autocomplete').ej2_instances[0].query = new Query().addParams('ej2autocomplete', 'true'); 
    } 
  } 
} 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon