We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Grid MENU filter filtersearchbegin

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

141471 Dec 13,2018 08:26 AM UTC Dec 14,2018 08:58 AM UTC Angular - EJ 2 1
Tags: Grid
Domantas
Asked On December 13, 2018 08:26 AM UTC

Hello,

I'm missing some kind of event when you type to search in filter of MENU type, filtersearchbegin does not fire as it fires in Excel as you type, so I can't add additional params for search. I'm assuming that this is an issue. If not, how do I pass additional param when searching (I'm doing it on filtersearchbegin with Excel type)

No event was fired when I types "t" in search

Here's the demo I used to see that nothing fires in ActionBegin as you type

Madhu Sudhanan P [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 14, 2018 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Domantos, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion. 

We have validated your query and the provided information. We suggest you to use the below way to achieve your requirement. In the below sample, we have applied additional parameter for autoComplete component in actionComplete event with requestType as filterafteropen using query property of autoComplete. 

Please refer the below code example and sample for more information. 

<ejs-grid [dataSource]='data' allowFiltering=true [filterSettings]='filter' (actionComplete)='actionComplete($event)' height='273px'> 
<e-columns> 
  <e-column field='ProductName' headerText='ProductName' width=120></e-column> 
  . . . . . . 
</e-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

export class DataBindingComponent implements OnInit { 

ngOnInit(): void { 
    this.filter = { type: 'Menu' }; 
  } 
  actionComplete(e) { 
    if (e.columnName == "ProductName" && e.requestType === 'filterafteropen') { 
      e.filterModel.dlgObj.element.querySelector('.e-autocomplete').ej2_instances[0].query = new Query().addParams('ej2autocomplete', 'true'); 
    } 
  } 
} 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon