We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Install in silent mode

Hello,

I'm trying to install Dashboard Server in silent mode by following the online documentation (https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-server/installation-and-deployment). By launching syncfusiondashboardserver.exe in the Windows Command, the installation wizard still opens up instead of to have the silent mode. This is what I'm launching:

syncfusiondashboardserver.exe /Install silent /InstallPath:C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server /pidkey:@*****5**E********= /portno:47100 /servertype:IIS /Log "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\Install.log".

Did I miss omething? Thank you for your help.
Dan MM.

3 Replies

SU Suriya Syncfusion Team December 6, 2018 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Dan, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. You have to run the command with the extracted exe as per the UG link, https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-server/installation-and-deployment#silent-installation  
  1. Extract the Dashboard Server build and stop after extract (before installation steps)
  2. Copy the extracted exe and move/paste in to some other folder (as this file will be placed at %temp% folder and will be deleted here if we cancel or close).
  3. Move to where you have placed exe and run the below command:

For IIS Express: 
SETUP.Exe /Install silent /InstallPath:{INSTALLPATH} /pidkey:{KEY} /portno:{PORTNUMBER} /servertype:IISExpress /Log {LOG PATH} 

Example
syncfusiondashboardserver_3.1.0.114_2226.exe /Install silent /InstallPath:C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard /pidkey:@332e312e30K1btvvepT= /portno:54321 /servertype:IISExpress /Log "C:\Program Files (x86)\New\Install.log" 
For IIS: 
SETUP.Exe /Install silent /InstallPath:{INSTALLPATH} /pidkey:{KEY} /portno:{PORTNUMBER} /sitename:{SITENAME} /servertype:IIS /Log {LOG PATH} 

Example: 
syncfusiondashboardserver_3.1.0.114_2226.exe /Install silent /InstallPath:C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard /pidkey:@332e312e30K1btvvepT = /portno:54321 /sitename:SyncfusionDashboardServer /servertype:IIS /Log "C:\Program Files (x86)\New\Install.log" 

NOTE: This will not upgrade the setup from lower version to higher version. We have to manually uninstall the existing setup and install the newer setup. During previous version uninstall, we have to select the ‘Retain Data Sources’ checkbox if you want to upgrade the server. 

We will also correct the argument missing information in our UG (help documentation) sooner.  

Regards, 
Suriya 

DM Dan Maleka December 6, 2018 04:36 PM UTC

Hi Suriya,

Thanks for your help, it works now.

I think the online documentation needs to be modified to handle the case of IIS Express and IIS.

Thanks again,

Dan

SU Suriya Syncfusion Team December 7, 2018 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for your confirmation. Sure. We will correct this, in our online documentation. 

Regards, 
Suriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon