We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filtering by date in Croatian localized grid fails

Hello

I have a grid, localized to Croatian ('hr') with filtering enabled.

When I filter on the date column, the first time it works OK, and then stops working. The thing breaks when looking for a service 'valueFormatter'. The error is in these lines (from the custom unminimized ej2.min.js) :

}, e.prototype.setFormatForFlColumn = function(e, t) {
                return this.serviceLocator.getService("valueFormatter").toView(e, t.getFormatter()).toString()

The test is in the attachment.

To reproduce, try filtering on Release date column. The first time filter should succeed, but after that only empty filter works sometimes.

Please, fix this asap. I have an application which has to be released and it completely depends on Syncfusion JS2.

Tom

Attachment: Test_a3711cca.zip

7 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team December 7, 2018 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Tomislav, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

As per the provided information, we have created a sample and checked with our end but we not able to reproduce the reported problem. Could you please refer the below sample for more information also share below or more details regarding your query it will be more helpful for us to provide a better solution as soon as possible. 

1. Share the grid package version that you are using in your application(if you are using od version then use latest).
  2. If the problem occurred when filter the date column alone or for all columns?
  3. If the problem occurred only when enable localization in Grid?
  4. If possible reproduce the reported problem with our sample or attach video for further analysis.

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

TT Tomislav Tustonic December 7, 2018 02:08 PM UTC

Hello
Thanks for the reply. I tried with your sample in Edge and Seamonkey and it's the same.
First search in Edge gives correct result, but the date in filter box is in the wrong format, and it says 
Invalid Filter data on the bottom:

Later searches don't work neither for text nor for date column.

The message in debugger console in Edge:

When I try in Seamonkey, it's the same. Here's a screenshot of an Error console

1. The grid package is the one that you sent with the sample. In my code I use Nuget package 16.3.0.36.
2. When I filter only text columns it works fine. However, it stops working on text columns after the filtering on date column breaks.
3. I think so. When I disable loading a 'hr' locale in your sample, everything seems to be fine.
4. I cannot record a video, but I think that the screenshots should be good.

In the meantime, I tried Checkbox and Menu filter types, and they also seem to work fine. My guess would be that it cannot find a 'valueFormatter' to correctly display a filtered date value and it breaks there, not in filtering itself. That's why Menu filter type works, since it doesn't format date value to locale string.

Tom

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Tomislav, 

We have confirmed “Filtering the localized date column throws script error” as a bug and logged a report for the same. The fix will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

TT Tomislav Tustonic December 10, 2018 12:07 PM UTC

Thanks

My deadline is this week, so I guess it won't be on time, but for the future, at least.

Tom.

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Tomislav, 

The reported issue occurs while setting the filterbar status message so you can overcome the issue temporarily by disabling the filterSettings.ShowFilterBarStatus property. However  we will include the fix in source level in our upcoming patch release. Please refer to the below code example. 

[index.cshtml] 
@(Html.EJS().Grid("grid") 
                .Locale("hr") 
                .AllowFiltering(true) 
                .FilterSettings(filter => filter.ShowFilterBarStatus(false)) 
                  .  .  . 
                .DataSource(Model.DataSource).Load("load") 
                .Render() 
) 
<script> 
    function load(args) { 
        this.columns = [ 
             .   .  . 
            { field: 'ReleaseDate', headerText: 'Adresa', width: 130, type: 'date', format: 'short', textAlign: 'Right' }]; 
    } 
</script> 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

TT Tomislav Tustonic December 18, 2018 02:02 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply

I'm using Menu filter type for now, but I'll check later for updates.

Tom

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 19, 2018 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Tomislav, 

Thanks for the update. The fix will be available at the patch release which is expected to rolled out at the end of December, 2018. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon