We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merge two document

hey,
i want to merge two documents,
the main document has two sections (two different header and footer in the first and the second page) and the second document does not have any header or footer.

my result must have a header for the first page and the next page contains the second header

7 Replies

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team December 7, 2018 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Aayadi, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement which can be downloaded from the following link. 

Please let us know if the sample fulfills your requirement else kindly share us your complete scenario along with modified the input documents in the sample and share us the sample. This information will be helpful for us to provide you a quick and prompt solution. 

We have also had similar discussion in the following forum, hope it might helps you. 

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

AA AAYADI December 7, 2018 03:02 PM UTC

thanks for the answer,
but i try your sample, there is no header is the sub partie
you will see the picture in the joint piece

Attachment: Sans_titre_ced1949.zip

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Aayadi, 

From the given screenshot, we suspect that trial version of Syncfusion assemblies are used to generate/manipulate the Word document at your side. So, the header problem occurs at your end. To remove this trail watermark header, we suggest you to register our license key in your application. Please refer the below UG document to know about how to register the Syncfusion license key: 

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

AA AAYADI December 12, 2018 07:54 AM UTC

Hi Dilli babu,
I have the trial version, the problem is not in the message of the header,
but the problem is that I do not see the continuation of the header in the page of the second document.

AA AAYADI December 12, 2018 10:04 AM UTC

Hello,
I would like to vérify one thing,
I solve my problem of continuity of the header and footer but with version 15.4350.0.17.

section.HeadersFooters.LinkToPrevious = True is not working in the new version
you can test the sample given with version 15 and you will see the difference.  
please tell me the news after verification                 

FL Florider December 13, 2018 03:23 PM UTC

Hello !

Same behavior with the last stable version (16.3460.0.36) and the sample provided.
I also tried to set LinkToPrevious=True on each section of the sub document to preserve the source header / footer configuration, but it doesn't have any effect (it worked very well on version 15). I would be really surprised that such a standard need is no longer supported.
What happened ? Is there another way to get the same behavior with the last version ? 

Best Regards,

Flo

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team December 13, 2018 04:15 PM UTC

Hi, 

Regarding LinkToPrevious = True is not working in the new version:

In the given sample (Updated on 12/7/2018), we haven’t used LinkToPrevious API. We have checked the LinkToPrevious API in both 15.4.0.17 and our latest version 16.4.0.40, but it works perfectly at our end. For your reference, we have attached a sample application which used LinkToPrevious API and it can be downloaded from the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/141347/ze/Generate_Word-339390907

Please find the output Word documents (generated from above sample) in the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/141347/ze/LinkToPrevious1933620170
1. LinkToPrevious_15.4.0.17.docx - document generated in 15.4.0.17 version
2. LinkToPrevious_16.4_beta.docx - document generated in 16.4.0.40 beta version

Regarding you can test the sample given with version 15 and you will see the difference:

We have merged the Word documents using that sample application in both 15.4.0.17 and our latest version (16.4.0.40-beta). Please find the output Word documents  (generated from sample Updated on 12/7/2018 ) in the below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/141347/ze/Sample_Documents-303270351
Sample_15.4.0.17.docx – document generated in 15.4.0.17 version.
2. Sample_16.4_beta.docx – document generated in 16.4.0.40 beta version.

Could you please provide us the below things from your end :
1. Our latest available version is v16.4.0.40 beta, could you please confirm the latest version used at your end.
2. Modified sample of above along with complete code snippet (“LinkToPrevious API used at your side”).
3. Output Word document generated in both 15.4.0.17 and in the latest version at your side.

This will be more helpful to analyze further on the reported problem and will provide you the prompt solution at the earliest.

Regards, 
Dilli babu. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon