We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to use TreeMapItemSelected?

Good afternoon,

Someone can help me know how I can use TreeMapItemSelected because when I create the event does nothing.

Best regards,

Diogo

10 Replies

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 27, 2018 06:01 AM UTC

Hi Diogo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

With the help of TreeMapItemSelected event, we can get the details of the under bound view model of the selected item. 

We have prepared a sample such that on selecting the item, pop up will display the details about the selected item. 

You can download the sample from the below link. 

Output Image: 

Regards, 
Michael 

DI Diogo November 27, 2018 04:04 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you, it worked very well. One more thing this event also works with a item template?

Best regards,

Diogo

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Diogo, 

Thanks for your update, glad we could help. 

Currently TreeMapItemSelected event will not get invoked on using Item template. We have considered this as an enhancement and logged a feature request. This feature will be available in our upcoming Volume 1 2019 release. We appreciate your patience until then.  
Regards, 
Michael 

DI Diogo November 28, 2018 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you, I'll wait for this update.
One question, I run TreeMapItemSelected I am not able to reload the treemap to show new data. can you help me?

Best regards,

Diogo

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 05:15 AM UTC

Hi Diogo, 

Query: Need to modify the data in the selected event. 

You cannot change the data item and reload inside the tree map selected event. Collection cannot be altered using that event instead you can dynamically change the view model items via button click or any other means. This will load the modified data. 

Also, we would like to know your exact requirement on loading new data so could you please confirm us the below, 

1.      Need to modify the selected item data. 
or 
2.      Need a drill down functionality on the selected item. 

Please confirm us with the above so that we can provide you solution accordingly. 

Thanks, 
Michael 

DI Diogo November 29, 2018 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer.

What i really need is: whenever a specific item is selected the collection data must be changed to show more information in the TreeMap. It is similar to the drill down, but in this case what i want to do is just increment the detail by reloading the datasource with more parameters. 

Is it possible to create a new collection data, set it as the TreeMap datasource and refresh the TreeMap so the user can see the changes?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Diogo  

YS Yogapriya Shanmugam Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Diogo, 

Query: Need to modify the collection when the item is selected. 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

As stated earlier currently, collection cannot be modified in the selected event since we are iterating the same collection it cannot be done. 

We have considered drill down support as a feature request and we have planned to provide it in our volume 1 2019 release. 

With this support your requirement of changing the underlying collection would be feasible. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Yogapriya.S 

DI Diogo November 30, 2018 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Yogapriya.S,

Thank you for your answer.

Do you have any predictions as to when the release date will be for this version?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Diogo

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 30, 2018 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Diogo, 

Currently we are in the process of rolling out our Volume 4 2018 release by mid of December. So, we have targeted our Volume 1 2019 release by mid of March 2019. 

Regards, 
Michael 

DI Diogo December 3, 2018 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,
Diogo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon