We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Schedule Control Appointment Form Localization

Hi,

Can anybody be so kind to help me out with the issue that I have with localization of Appointment Form which is part of the Schedule control? As you can see from the picture shown I would like to localize the part inside the red square.

The code I suppose to use for that looks like:

'You can override this method to provide customized drop lists.
Public Overridable Sub InitLists()
    labelList = New ListObjectList()
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(0, "None", Color.White))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(1, "Important", Color.FromArgb(255, 128, 64)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(2, "Business", Color.FromArgb(86, 152, 233)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(3, "Personal", Color.FromArgb(57, 210, 53)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(4, "Vacation", Color.FromArgb(199, 198, 182)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(5, "Must Attend", Color.FromArgb(255, 128, 0)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(6, "Travel Required", Color.FromArgb(0, 255, 255)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(7, "Needs Preparation", Color.FromArgb(171, 171, 88)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(8, "Birthday", Color.FromArgb(186, 117, 255)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(9, "Anniversary", Color.FromArgb(255, 128, 64)))
    labelList.Add(New ListObject(10, "Phone Call", Color.FromArgb(255, 128, 64)))
    markerList = New ListObjectList()
    markerList.Add(New ListObject(0, "Free", Color.FromArgb(50, Color.RoyalBlue)))
    markerList.Add(New ListObject(1, "Tentative", Color.FromArgb(255, 206, 206)))
    markerList.Add(New ListObject(2, "Busy", Color.FromArgb(0, 0, 242)))
    markerList.Add(New ListObject(3, "Out of Office", Color.FromArgb(128, 0, 64)))
    reminderList = New ListObjectList()
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(0, "0 minutes", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(1, "5 minutes", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(2, "10 minutes", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(3, "15 minutes", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(4, "30 minutes", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(5, "1 hour", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(6, "2 hours", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(7, "3 hours", Color.White))
    reminderList.Add(New ListObject(8, "4 hours", Color.White))
    Me.locationList = New ListObjectList()
    locationList.Add(New ListObject(0, "", Color.White))
    locationList.Add(New ListObject(1, "RoomB", Color.White))
    locationList.Add(New ListObject(2, "RoomC", Color.White))
    locationList.Add(New ListObject(3, "RoomD", Color.White))
    locationList.Add(New ListObject(4, "RoomE", Color.White))
End Sub

But I don't know how to actually implement it. Can anybody help me with the implementation? Maybe you have some example (visual basic) that may help me out?

Thanks!

7 Replies

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 26, 2018 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Marinko, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

You can localize the label text of the appointments by customizing Initlists and GetLabels methods of ScheduleDataProvider class. In InitLists method, required number of labels can be added with different colors with localized text. 

VB 
Public Overrides Sub InitLists() 
       MyBase.InitLists() 
    _list = New ListObjectList From { 
        New ListObject(0, Resource1.RecurrenceLabelNone, Color.Black), 
        New ListObject(1, Resource1.RecurrenceLabelImportant, Color.Red), 
                … 

Please let us know if you need any further details on this. 

Arulraj A 

MT Marinko T November 26, 2018 04:15 PM UTC

First of all, thank you for your efforts and for all the help you have provided, but the issue is still there. I have tried to implement suggested but as a result, nothing changes. I have added the code at the end of the Form1 where the Schedule Control is. I don't get any error but nothing in the Form changes.

Maybe I should add something more. I don't have a clue...If you have an idea how to resolve this I would be grateful.
Never the less, have a good one today!
Thanks,

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 27, 2018 04:39 AM UTC

Hi Marinko, 

Thanks for your update. 

In the provided sample, we have created the custom class using ArrayListDataProvider and changed the text for the labels. You can find the following line of codes in the sample which does this change in the ScheduleControl. Ensue that you have done these code changes in your application in order to reflect the changes. 

Dim scheduleProvider As ArrayListDataProvider 
scheduleProvider = New CustomArrayListDataProvider With {.MasterList = New ArrayListAppointmentList(), .FileName = "default.XML"} 
Me.scheduleControl1.DataSource = scheduleProvider 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Arulraj A 

MT Marinko T November 28, 2018 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Arulraj,
I am really grateful for your help and I have done all as suggested and it was working when I implement the code in a way you have done it:

But the problem is that I cannot load the XML file which contains appointment info. So, when I try to implement this::

I can load the XML file but the change in a dropdown localized menu has gone away. Is there a way to implement the two to work together?
Thanks for your help,

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Marinko, 

Thanks for the update. 

To save/load, you are in need to customize the Save/Load methods too in your custom class. We have modified the sample to get this done by adding a new method LoadCustomXml and overriding the SaveXML method. The “default.xml” file is generated with new class name 

Public Shared Function LoadCustomXml(ByVal filename As String) As CustomArrayListDataProvider 
       Dim customArrayListDataProvider As CustomArrayListDataProvider = Nothing 
       Dim s As Stream = File.OpenRead(filename) 
       Try 
              Dim serializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(CustomArrayListDataProvider)) 
              customArrayListDataProvider = TryCast(serializer.Deserialize(s), CustomArrayListDataProvider) 
              If customArrayListDataProvider IsNot Nothing Then 
                     customArrayListDataProvider.MasterList = New ArrayListAppointmentList() 

If customArrayListDataProvider.MasterListArray IsNot Nothing AndAlso customArrayListDataProvider.MasterListArray.GetLength(0) > 0 Then 
                            customArrayListDataProvider.MasterList.GetList().AddRange(customArrayListDataProvider.MasterListArray) 
                     End If 

If customArrayListDataProvider.RecurringListArray IsNot Nothing AndAlso customArrayListDataProvider.RecurringListArray.GetLength(0) > 0 Then 
                           CType(customArrayListDataProvider.RecurringList, ArrayListAppointmentList).GetList().AddRange(customArrayListDataProvider.RecurringListArray) 
                     End If 
              End If 
       Finally 
              s.Close() 
       End Try 
       Return customArrayListDataProvider 
End Function 

Public Overrides Sub SaveXML(ByVal fileName As String) 
       PreprocessListsBeforeWrite() 
       Dim serializer As New XmlSerializer(GetType(CustomArrayListDataProvider)) 
       Dim writer As TextWriter = New StreamWriter(fileName) 
       serializer.Serialize(writer, Me) 
       writer.Close() 
End Sub 

Please let us know if you need any further details on this. 

Arulraj A 

MT Marinko T November 28, 2018 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Arulraj,
Thank you for all your help and quick responses. You have helped me a lot!
I have a question regarding the use of  XML file when I operate with a big data quantity. Is it reliable to use XML file or maybe is MS Access database better choice? If that is the case, do I get a conflict with localization like in previous cases with XML data file?
Thanks,
Also, this is not a big issue but after all changes in the code this highlighted part stays untranslated:

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Marinko 

Thanks for the update. 

I have a question regarding the use of  XML file when I operate with a big data quantity. Is it reliable to use XML file or maybe is MS Access database better choice? If that is the case, do I get a conflict with localization like in previous cases with XML data file?  
No, you will not get the conflict. You will get the localized text when you use the CustomArrayListDataProvider to save in database. You need to write your own logics to save/load from database 

Refer the following Forum to work with database and ScheduleControl, 
After all changes in the code this highlighted part stays untranslated 
At present the Start and End time cannot be localized. We have logged an improvement feature to implement the ability to localize the remaining text in the Schedule Appointment Form and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Arulraj A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon