We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

UWP Map Problems

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the Syncfusion Map control for UWP. I’m using Nuget package version 16.3.0.29.

First, color selection works if a country is clicked on, but I'm unable to highlight countries programmatically as per data binding exam in the documentation: https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/sfmaps/data-binding?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=xml.

In the XAML editor, it shows an error on the rangecolor mapping;

<syncfusion:RangeColorMapping To="0" From="0" Color="#C7E9FA"/>

"Failed to add RangeColorMapping to ObservableCollection. Element not found."

The application starts, but countries aren’t highlighted.

Secondly, I can get bubbles rendering on the map, but performance is poor taking several seconds to add new elements. I'm using the viewmodel and example code from the bubble documentation here: https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/sfmaps/bubbles. Is there a sample project that shows new elements being added in real time?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team November 23, 2018 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Please find the response below.  

Query 1:  How to select map shapes programmatically. 

By using equal color mapping, you can select the required shapes by specifying the Color and Value property. 

Value property should take the property value that is bound to the ShapeColorValuePath.  

Code snippet: 

<syncfusion:ShapeFileLayer.ShapeSettings> 
                        <syncfusion:ShapeSetting ShapeStroke="#C1C1C1" ShapeStrokeThickness="0.5"  
                                                 ShapeValuePath="Population" ShapeFill="#E5E5E5" ShapeColorValuePath="NAME"> 
                            <syncfusion:ShapeSetting.FillSetting> 
                                <syncfusion:ShapeFillSetting AutoFillColors="False"> 
                                    <syncfusion:ShapeFillSetting.ColorMappings> 
                                        <syncfusion:EqualsColorMapping Color="Red" Value="Australia"></syncfusion:EqualsColorMapping>                                        
                                    </syncfusion:ShapeFillSetting.ColorMappings> 
                                </syncfusion:ShapeFillSetting> 
                            </syncfusion:ShapeSetting.FillSetting> 
                        </syncfusion:ShapeSetting> 
                    </syncfusion:ShapeFileLayer.ShapeSettings> 

Output Image: 

Query 2: XAML editor error on using range color mapping. 

We have checked the reported scenario with our sample, it works fine. Please refer the attached sample for reference.  

We have prepared a sample such that highlighted the shape using equal color mapping (Query1) and used range color mapping for bubbles (Query2). 

Query3: Performance issue on dynamic loading of bubbles. 

We have checked the scenario and we could reproduce the same. Hence, we have logged a defect report for this performance delay. This fix for this problem will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 release which is expected to be roll out on end of December 2018. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon