We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expand row event

Hello everyone,

I've a GanttControl in my program that is filled with hundreds of rows, each one with many sub items. To improve performance I initially load only the roots elements and I’d like to load the sub items only when the expand button (+) is pressed.

What I’ve done so far is to add a fake child to the root item to make the button appear, but I can’t find a way to intercept the ‘expand-button-pressed’ event (or whichever event is associated with it).

Is there a way to associate a command to the row expand event to load my data? Or anything similar that allows me to accomplish my goal to load sub items only when the row is expanding?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Cheers

Antoine

2 Replies

NW Nyx Wallace November 20, 2018 12:10 PM UTC

Hello again,

After some digging inside the code I found the event I was looking for. Sorry I bothered you and for anyone stumbling on this thread in the future, the event is inside the GanttControl Gantt.GanttGrid.ExpandStateChanged.

Cheers
Antoine

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team November 20, 2018 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Antoine, 

Thanks for your update and please get back to us at any time if you have any other queries.  

Regards,  
Muneesh Kumar G.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon