We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Xamarin.Android Gallery Permissions for SfChart

How do I give permission access to be able to save the graph image on Android devices? 

3 Replies

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 16, 2018 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Victoria, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. Please refer following steps to set permission as Write_External_Storage

RightClick Project -> Properties -> Android Manifest -> Required permission -> Write_External_Storage. 

Also, you can refer the sample from the below KB link where we have stored a chart in gallery as PDF. 

Thanks, 
Michael 

VI Victoria November 17, 2018 09:13 AM UTC

I used this link to export the graph image https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfchart/export. I followed your steps in allowing permission to write to storage but it still does not work. I press the save button and nothing happens. iOS app works for exporting the graph. Is there anything more I need to include to give the app access to the Android phone's gallery?

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Victoria, 

Thanks for the update. We are checking with simple sample and it properly stored in Gallery for Android. So, we are afraid that we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end. Please check the below sample. 

Sample: SaveAsImage 

If you still face the problem, can you please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This will be helpful for us to investigate further and provide you a better solution at the earliest. 

Thanks, 
Michael 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon