We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

customFormData each time chunk upload

Hello,

I want to use customFormData each time chunk upload but i dont find event who could match with this.

Can you help me ? 

Best Regards

Yohann

7 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team November 16, 2018 01:45 AM UTC

Hi Yohann, 

Thank you contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we don’t have any event for every chunk, before starting to upload. Because the uploader component has uploading event before starting to upload every file. By using this event you can add the customFormData and this event is common for normal and chunk upload. Could you please share your application use cases for adding custom data on every chunk upload, because this is helpful to evaluate the priority of this requirement (provide the event for every chunk before start to upload)? 

Regards, 
Prince 

YL Yohann LELEUCH November 16, 2018 09:28 AM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for the answer

When the first chunk is uploaded the server retrive a id.
During the event Chunksuccess, we get the id.
We want to send the id of file for every chunk because we have multiple backend server for upload.

Use Case:
If two different user upload a file with the same name and same size.
When the first request for chunk arrives on the server, the server save the filemame and path in database and return the id for the file.
The chunk is save as filename "id + filename + chunkIndex".
If we dont have the id for the next chunk and the request go on another server, it does not work.

Have a good day

Best regards Yohann

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team November 19, 2018 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Yohann, 

Thank you sharing detailed information on your use case. We have validated the scenario and considering this as an improvement in our control. This improvement will be included in our upcoming patch release scheduled in the first week of December 2018. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Prince 

YL Yohann LELEUCH November 19, 2018 12:34 PM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for your answer and reactivity.

Best Regards
Yohann

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team November 20, 2018 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Yohann, 

Most Welcome. We are glad to help you. 

Regards, 
Prince 

DA davaro December 7, 2018 02:36 PM UTC

Hello,

Has there already been any progress on this subject? This scenario would be quite useful for me aswel.

Kind regards
Daan

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team December 10, 2018 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Daan, 

Thank you for your update. 

We are currently working on this improvement in our end. It will be included in our upcoming 2018 Volume 4 release scheduled in the mid of December 2018. 

Regards, 
Prince  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon