We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Restrict editing for region in the Editor

Hello Support,

I need some help in regards to your document editor. I need to know if it is possible to get from a certain position in the .sfdt file ,opened in documenteditor, to the surrounding bookmarks. Something like maneuvering in DOM where you can get the siblings and children.

Therefore you trigger the selectionChange- Event and find the nearest two bookmarks around the “documenteditor.selection”. I’m interested in getting the first bookmark prior my position and the next one right after my position.

I do have a use case, where the customer wants to restrict areas of the document. Those areas can’t  be edited.

The edit area is defined between two bookmarks, which Name consist of a Prefix(“S” for Start and E for End), a GUID Number and a FieldName for instance: “S_353223df-a138-4ffe-a5d2-a318b39cc833_Name” 

The attached document contains an example.

Thank you very much,

Olaf

Attachment: samplestructure_72c71990.zip

1 Reply

PK Prakash Kumar D Syncfusion Team November 14, 2018 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Olaf, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect that your requirement is “Restrict editing ". As this feature is not available in our Document editor, we will consider this as a feature request. If you could confirm some specific details, it would help us to implement the feature in line with your requirement.

Please refer this link of the feature and let us know if it conforms to your requirement. If our definition of this feature is different from your requirement, then let us know the specific details, so that we can work towards fulfilling your requirement.

Regards, 
Prakash Kumar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon