We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Issue in calling Create datasource API method

Hi Team,

I am trying to call create datasource API method and I am using postman for the same. Please find the details below -

Url used - https://syncfusionreportserver.ftmaintenance.net/api/v2.0/reports/data-sources

Request -
{ "Name":"DDS", "Description":"", "DataSourceDefinition":{ "ConnectString":"Data Source=WIN-O10PR71H7SE\\FTMAINTENANCEDB;Initial Catalog=Maintman", "CredentialRetrieval":"None", "ImpersonateUser":true, "Password":"somevalue", "Prompt":"None", "UserName":"somevalue", "WindowsCredentials":false, "ServerType":"SQL" } }

Body -
{
    "Message": "Connection string is empty.",
    "StatusCode": 3008
}

Headers-
Cache-Control →no-cache
Content-Length →59
Content-Type →application/json; charset=utf-8
Date →Thu, 08 Nov 2018 23:08:17 GMT
Expires →-1
Pragma →no-cache
Server →Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-AspNet-Version →4.0.30319
X-Powered-By →ASP.NET
x-error →Connection string is empty.
Can you please let me know why I am getting connection string as empty error message.
Looking forward to see your response.
Thanks,
Amanpreet

2 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team November 9, 2018 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet,  

We are able to reproduce the reported issue when we send data in raw JSON format, but it works fine when we send data in x-www-form-urlencoded format as shown in the image below   

We are validating this issue now, and we will update details asap. 
Regards,  
Mageshyadav.M 

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team November 12, 2018 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet,  

We were able to reproduce the reported issue and hence a support incident has been created under your account to deliver patch. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.   

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon