We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfCombobox drop down only one item tall

Hello,

With latest Xamarin.Froms and SfComboBox version I experience the following issue on Android (only on Android, on UWP not, IOS not tested):

I have an SfComboBox on my layout in the middle. So there is enough space below the combobox to show more drop down items. I create a list of 3 strings and add as DataSource. If I do not touch the list in my code any more (like it would be constant) then I see all 3 items in the drop down list when I press the combobox:

//myCombobox defined in xaml:

<combobox:SfComboBox x:Name="myCombobox">

//Code behind:

List<string> myStrings = new List<string>(){"string1", "string2", "string3"};
myCombobox.DataSource = myStrings; //myCombobox defined in xaml

But If I create the List, then add a fourth element to it, then set the DataSource, then only one row is visible in the drop down windows. I can scroll the items in it, but the drop down window only one item (row) high - this makes it very uncomfortable to use.

List<string> myStrings = new List<string>(){"string1", "string2", "string3"};
myStrings.Add("string4");
myCombobox.DataSource = myStrings; //myCombobox defined in xaml

Can you reproduce this behaviour, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Balázs

3 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 6, 2018 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Gyori,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have checked the reported behaviour "Drop Down shows only one item in Android" in SfComboBox Control. We have prepared a sample with the SfComboBox at the middle of the layout and checked the behaviour. Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the same from our side. Please have the sample from the below link,

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Sample_Project-125560017

Please check with the sample and if the sample differs from your layout. Please provide us the layout with which you could reproduce the behaviour which will be helpful for us to reproduce the same and provide an appropriate solution.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Paul Anderson

GB Gyori Balazs November 6, 2018 11:28 AM UTC

Hello,

than you for checking it. I tried to modify your project to get this error again but with no success. So I went back to my real project, put back the sfComboBox again into the code and now it works. I have no idea why. I will keep my eye on this when testing for my next release and get back to you if I experience it again. Sorry for bothering you, it seems it was something only on my side.

Regards,

Balázs

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team November 7, 2018 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Gyori, 

Thanks for the update. We are glad that your reported issue has been resolved. Please get in touch if you required further assistance. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon