We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

plotting gpx from file

Again resulting from experimenting I cannot find a way to do what I want - may be my limitations ;-) 
I have a variable number of GPX files at url 
these will vary (race results) as events are posted 
My software identifies the list of available files 
I then wan to put into a drop down box and user can select and plot

Unfortunately I can only see advice on KML plotting and it seems that a KML can only plotted if the file is embedded in the project 
This is completely impractical for me

Is there any way of doing what I want with sfMaps?

3 Replies

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team November 7, 2018 11:28 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Query: plotting gpx from file 

We have analyzed your query, as per our current implementation .shp file is used to render maps. We don’t have support to render from .gpx file. We can convert .gpx file to .shp file using online converter like https://mygeodata.cloud/converter/ . 

Thanks, 
Michael 

JM john murray replied to Michael Prabhu M November 8, 2018 03:51 PM UTC

Hi John, 

Query: plotting gpx from file 

We have analyzed your query, as per our current implementation .shp file is used to render maps. We don’t have support to render from .gpx file. We can convert .gpx file to .shp file using online converter like https://mygeodata.cloud/converter/ . 

Thanks, 
Michael 

Thanks Michael 
can the shp file beloaded at runtime - the documentation appears to imply it must be an embedded resource

YS Yogapriya Shanmugam Syncfusion Team November 10, 2018 07:16 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Query: Loading shape files at run time. 

By converting the required shape files into stream, it can be loaded at run time. Using ReadAsStream method in shape file layer you can load your shape files as stream. 

Please refer the below code snippet. 

layer.ReadAsStream(stream); 

We have also prepared a demo sample to select the shape file from the drop-down box and loading the corresponding stream of the selected file. You can download the sample from the below link. 

Regards, 
Yogapriya.S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon