We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Grid and Formula

Hi, Which version of “essential Grid” is available now? Does latest version support the formula setting across sheet/tab (like Excel Workbook)? If it does support then can I get a sample of it. This is really important for me. A quick reply would be appreciated. Thanks VivekS

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2004 10:47 PM UTC

The latest version is 2.0.5.1. Yes, you can use cross sheet references in that version. Here is a sample. FormulaSheetsSample_1043.zip

VI Vivek May 18, 2004 02:21 PM UTC

Thanks for yor answer. I tried to run the sample and i am getting following errors C:\grid_formula\FormulaSheetsSample\Form1.cs(248): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine'' does not contain a definition for ''CreateSheetFamilyID'' C:\grid_formula\FormulaSheetsSample\Form1.cs(249): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine'' does not contain a definition for ''RegisterGridAsSheet'' C:\grid_formula\FormulaSheetsSample\Form1.cs(254): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridFormulaEngine'' does not contain a definition for ''UsesVirtualDataSource'' C:\grid_formula\FormulaSheetsSample\Form2.cs(176): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl'' does not contain a definition for ''GridCapture'' C:\grid_formula\FormulaSheetsSample\Form2.cs(177): ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl'' does not contain a definition for ''IsWindowless'' I guess i am missing some referencs here, Could your please help me with this. thanks VivekS >The latest version is 2.0.5.1. Yes, you can use cross sheet references in that version. Here is a sample. > >FormulaSheetsSample_1043.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 02:47 PM UTC

Are you using version 2.0.5.1? There errors suggest that you are using an earlier version of our libraries. If you think you have 2.0.5.1 installed, check the references to Syncfusion.Grid.DLL and Syncfusion.Shared.DLL to make sure they are in fact 2.0.5.1.

VI Vivek May 18, 2004 03:17 PM UTC

Thanks for such a quick reply. I dowloaded the version from dowload section adn it is 1.6.. could you please provide the apropriate lint for lates version? thanks VivekS >Are you using version 2.0.5.1? > >There errors suggest that you are using an earlier version of our libraries. > >If you think you have 2.0.5.1 installed, check the references to Syncfusion.Grid.DLL and Syncfusion.Shared.DLL to make sure they are in fact 2.0.5.1.

VI Vivek May 18, 2004 03:26 PM UTC

Sorry clay my mistake. It is working. There are two type of sample “Multiple grid on a form”- Working Fine “Workbook” --- Nothing is showing in sheets it self. It is a blank workbook. Am I missing something here? VivekS > >Thanks for such a quick reply. > >I dowloaded the version from dowload section adn it is 1.6.. > >could you please provide the apropriate lint for lates version? > >thanks >VivekS > >>Are you using version 2.0.5.1? >> >>There errors suggest that you are using an earlier version of our libraries. >> >>If you think you have 2.0.5.1 installed, check the references to Syncfusion.Grid.DLL and Syncfusion.Shared.DLL to make sure they are in fact 2.0.5.1.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 04:14 PM UTC

I downloaded and unzipped the sample from above, and the workbook comes up with 3 tabs for me with some data on all three tabs. Try re-downloading it and running it immediately inside DevStu. If you tried to use the designer first, then you should make sure you have teh GridControl and TabBarSplitterControl in your toolbox as those controls will be needed at design time.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 04:15 PM UTC

I downloaded and unzipped the sample from above, and the workbook comes up with 3 tabs for me with some data on all three tabs. Try re-downloading it and running it immediately inside DevStu. If you tried to use the designer first, then you should make sure you have teh GridControl and TabBarSplitterControl in your toolbox as those controls will be needed at design time.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon