We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Images rendering makes DataBoundGrid slugish

Hello, On version 1.6 when I added images to the dataBoundGrid, the grid worked fast. On version 2.0.5.0, the same grid with the same images, started to behave slugish. When I removed the images from the grid, it worked fine. What do you suggest to do? Are you familier with this problem? Looking forward to hear form you. A.S.A.P Regards, Gil K

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2004 07:28 AM UTC

Not familiar with this problem. Do you see any exceptions being shown in the output window? Do you see this behavior with our Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridDataBoundImageCell sample? How are you getting the images into the grid, using an ImageList and ImageIndex or something else. Is this being done through an event like PrepareViewStyleInfo, or QueryCellInfo, or DrawCell? Can you post a sample project showing the problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 09:50 AM UTC

Well,I''m setting the images into the grid using the image index and image list properties in the "PrepareViewStyleInfo" event handler. The problem was solved after I changed the celltype from "Image" to nothing (I simply ignored this property). (At your example, you are implementing and image renderer and image model to draw the images in the grid, and it works fine) What is the correct method to draw images in the grid? What is the difference between rendering the images while the celltype is set to "Image" and while it is set to nothing (or equal to "ImageCell")? Another thing, when ignoring the celltype property, aligment on the images is ignored. I''m trying to center the images, and the alignment has been working only when the celltype was "Image". I have anthoer question abuot filtering: I''m trying to add the filter bar to my grid, and filter the grid. I did everything as you did in your sample, but it''s not working, meaning, the filter bar is loaded OK, but when selecting any value from the combo box the filter is not made. I''m probably missing something. can you explain? Thank you, Sincerely, Gil K >Not familiar with this problem. > >Do you see any exceptions being shown in the output window? > >Do you see this behavior with our Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridDataBoundImageCell sample? > >How are you getting the images into the grid, using an ImageList and ImageIndex or something else. Is this being done through an event like PrepareViewStyleInfo, or QueryCellInfo, or DrawCell? > >Can you post a sample project showing the problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2004 10:15 AM UTC

The "Image" celltype is new in 2.0. It gives you special alignment options, and has code that supports different ways of specifying the bitmap. If you do not set the CellType to "Image", then you are using the bitmap support that was in the earlier release (1.0 - 1.6) which does not support any alignment, and only recognizes bitmaps in the imageList for the cell. If you need alignment of the bitmap, you would need to either use the Image celltype, or create a celltype of your own that supports it in some manner, like the ImageCell sample that we ship. Regarding filtering, the main thing to check is that you are creating the FilterBar and calling WireGrid after you have filled your DataSource and set this DataSource to the grid. Other than that, your DataSource should be a DataTable (or DataView in 2.0). Can you post some code showing how you are doing things, or better yet post a sample project showing the problem?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon